Would you buy 8GB if they ran out of 16GB?

Would you settle for an 8GB iPhone 3G if they ran out of 16GB?

• Yes! Anything for an iPhone!

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No, I'd wait for a 16GB one.

Votes: 20 87.0%

• Total voters

tankgunk

Jul 8, 2008
Visit site
If you finally made it into the Apple/AT&T store and found out that they're all out of 16GB models, would you get an 8GB iPhone 3G just to have one, or would you wait to get a 16GB iPhone? Personally, I'd leave and wait for a 16GB one to show up somewhere.

EDIT: If you really want an 8GB, just pretend for a second that you have a gift card for a 16GB and you changed your mind.

Last edited:

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
If you finally made it into the Apple/AT&T store and found out that they're all out of 16GB models, would you get an 8GB iPhone 3G just to have one, or would you wait to get a 16GB iPhone? Personally, I'd leave and wait for a 16GB one to show up somewhere.

EDIT: If you really want an 8GB, just pretend for a second that you have a gift card for a 16GB and you changed your mind.

Man I think I would loose my mind!! :eek: But I would wait to get the 16GB.

joshboldman

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, I'd have to say it's worth it to wait for the 16gb version. I've got the 8gb (iPhone 1.0 of course) now, and I'd like to see a little bit more storage.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site

Was close to that decision.

For sake of order, my AT&T store kept everyone out of the store until they were ready to serve them. An available rep would come to the door and take the next person. The wait was short, about 15-20 minutes. While we were waiting someone came to the door and announced that they were down to 3 black 16G phones. No one ahead of me wanted one.

I was IMing with my sister while I was in line (using the new AIM application). She waited an hour and did not get a phone. Plans to try again tomorrow. However, from the time stamps on the messages, I know that the transaction took exactly five minutes. Same as last year at the Apple Store.

Incidentally, before going to the store where I got my phone, I went to the Stamford Town Center. It has an Apple Store and an AT&T store about 100 yards apart. Both had lines with waits of about an hour. I did not care much what I paid but I did not want to wait in line that long.

New box; same quality as last year but not as deep. In the box were the phone, a headset, a USB to Apple cable and a small, 110 to USB adapter, a little "tip" book. the warranty, a micro-fiber cloth, and a little white piece of paper with two Apples on it (I have not figured out what it is for). The last page of the instruction book has the url for the pdf of a full manual.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711