Apple store... 8am made official

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
Is it the same with the AT&T store?

It is now... up until this point it was not known when Apple was opening. Some speculations were that Apple was going to let each individual store decide as some Apple stores are based in indoor malls and such.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the confirm. It was pretty much a no-brainer that if AT&T was opening at 08:00, then Apple Stores would be too. Nice to see it in writing though. Personally, I'm not waiting in line but if there is either an AT&T store (too many to count) or Apple Store nearby (I have 5 between Baltimore & DC) with no line, then I'll get one Friday, 7/11. Otherwise, it'll have to wait for me to get back from a business trip that next week. C'est la vie, non? :p

LOdam7

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
Now I only hope they let me upgrade on another line because my phone line is not ready for upgrade till the 19th. :(

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
Now I only hope they let me upgrade on another line because my phone line is not ready for upgrade till the 19th. :(

If you call your local AT&T store and tell someone there that you will come in the store on the 11th and give them the commission for the upgrade if they upgrade you a few days earlier, I guarantee the sales person will pull strings to have you upgrade earlier. However, you must hold up your end of the bargian and do your upgrade through that particular sales person.

Those of you without upgrade issues, I recommend calling the store and seeing if you can get a rep who will wave activation fees (for a new customer) and upgrade fees (for current customers who are upgrading.)
This usually works 100% of the time. If it doesn't work, call a neighboring AT&T or call back later to get another sales rep. Again, it is the promise that you will activate/upgrade with the sales rep who promises you the deal as they don't care about the fees, as they never see a dime of them, and only care about their commission.

ETA: Just realized what thread this was in. Might be better posted somewhere else as the info pertains to AT&T (not sure if Apple has the authority to bump up upgrades and waive fees).

illjazz

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
So gift cards are applicable AFAIK, but I still have about $60 on my early-adopter coupon from last year. Does anyone know if that expired or can I use that? Also, I'll be in Manhattan on Friday, and since the [URL="https://www.apple.com/retail/soho/#mn_p]SoHo[/URL] store does not open until 9am, I suppose I'll go to the cube at 6 or 7am and start waiting :/. Wish me luck.

gadgetluva

Mar 4, 2005
Visit site
Instead of taking the bus to work on Friday morning, I want to drive slowly past the Apple store to see how big the line is. Will be interesting.

timebomb16

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
Personally i would rather do it at AT&T, i mean apple is great. but i would think that they're clueless at activating phones . . . I'd rather leave that to someone that was trained to well, do it. and besides the closest apple store is across town :p

michi_love

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
I don't mind going to the AT&T stores. Once I'm done buying the phone, my work is only like 5 minutes away from the store!!! I live in the 'burbs and our mall is just now getting an Apple store but it's not even close to being done yet. Plus the closest Apple store to me is kind of in a bad part of town surprisingly. Let's just say I wouldn't feel comfortable AT ALL walking out of that mall with an Apple bag.

Dionte

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
I should probably just sleep in the mall overnight that way I can be in there sharp the next morning before anyone even has a chance to reach the apple store, j/k, the best in macy's do be comfortable tho

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
I will be at the Apple Store in Denver about 6am. I wonder if that is too early or too late. I don't want to be any more than #10 in line. I know the ATT store close to my house only had 20 iPhones on launch day last year. Hence the reason I won't be at a ATT store.

illjazz

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
I'm afraid I'll be lucky if I get a spot <50 in line Friday morning. The cube will be crazy.. I'm afraid already :/. One good thing though: since it's NYC's flagship store, I'm sure they're expecting a ton of people so stock will be very high. I might wait forever, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get an iPhone at the cube.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit