something is wrong :S

bomba

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
i dont know if its just me but lately my ipod has been dropping the safari and youtube but stayed connected to wi-fi. like i will load a webpage and then safari will quit and send me back to the home screen :confused: any ideas on whats going wrong?

hey_WILL

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
so i am guessing it's a touch..
so, any error messages?
you may need to just search again for a connection, go to the settings and make sure everything is right with the internet settings.
maybe it is your router. check in different wifi hotspots.
i am not an ipod touch user, but those are the first things i would do..

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Sounds like Safari is crashing. When an App crashes, the Mobile OS X tries to make it "elegant" but just shutting it down and sending you back to the Home screen. Some pages are just so (I would say poorly, but I'll be kind and say aggressively or busily) coded that they overwhelm Mobile Safari and crash it. Facebook profile pages, when filled to the brim with cr@p, do this a lot to me.

Hopefully the next version of Mobile Safari, with the SquirelFish Javascript engine will prove hardier. Or pages will get less cr@ppy.

You can also try going in to Settings > Safari and clearing your cache and cookies, to make sure all the gunk isn't bugging you up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW