Wifi Drops

burnsaa

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
Not really sure why this is happening but I notice that my Wifi has been dropping its connection fairly frequently. Its not reception because it happens when I am within feet of my wireless router and I know its not the router because my wife will be on her computer using it as well so I'm pretty stumped. If I go to settings and then wifi and then reconnect it works just fine for a little while then drops to edge even if I havent even moved. Also its not just with my home wifi connection its happening at other places as well where I used to get great coverage. Anyone else having similar issues?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I did have those issues a while back and Apple replaced my phone no questions asked. Nothing I tried cleared it up including a complete reset from scratch.

burnsaa

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
So do you think if I went in on friday to my local apple store they would exchange it? preferably with a 3G model:D Probably not I think I'm still within my 1 year mark though. Hmm if it keeps acting up I might give apple a call.

Hmm well I just checked and it looks like I got my iPhone on July 13 last year so I probably should call apple sooner than later. I'll let everyone know what happens. Bad Ash did you call or did you go into an apple store? Also it seems to be happening sparaticly to my phone was it the same with yours or was it totally down?

Thanks

Last edited:

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
So do you think if I went in on friday to my local apple store they would exchange it? preferably with a 3G model:D Probably not I think I'm still within my 1 year mark though. Hmm if it keeps acting up I might give apple a call.

No, Apple still has the first gen iPhones around for replacements.

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
I would think you would be more likely to get a 3G iPhone if you did it in store on July 11 (or a day after).
The reason.... if you did it over the phone they are more likely to ship you a 2g as they have bigger warehouses to pull from. Also, the Apple store will not have 3gs in store until the 11th or after.
Still you are most likely to get an old one, IF they have one.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
You will get the old one... you know how many people are going to be trying to get a new one as a replacement... I'm sure there are plenty stock of the current phone to be used for replacements.

burnsaa

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
I have no doubt I would get an old one but I could dream though right :) actually I think I'm going to go in or probably call before Friday as I think my chances will be better as you say everyone will be trying to trick apple into replacing their old one with a new one and I don't want them thinking I'm just trying to pull one over on them.

manho1dup

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Actually I think they might give you a refurbished one as they have a lot of those and they usually give refurbs as replacements.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner