Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Unhappy The ever elusive IPhone?

So, I really want the IPhone 3G, in fact I really wanted the original IPhone but decided to wait when I heard there would be a new one coming out in only 6 months, and it has GPS! So I waited. Unfortunately the fact that I left T-Mobile to switch to A&T in preparation to get an IPhone ended up being my downfall. I switched 8 months ago when I ended my contract with T-mobile due to the fact that I had planned to purchase the previous version of the IPhone. Unfortunately, because I got the cheapest possible phone, being the gay Razor, I am not eligible for the $199 IPhone price, granted, I had planned on spending the full amount 8 months ago, but it is just the principle of the matter, I gave AT&T 8 months of my life and went all that time without an IPhone because I was waiting for the new one. I feel cheated and am unsure about what to do at this point. I want the IPhone but don't want to pay full price just because I saved $50 bucks on a crappy phone 8 months ago. I just doesn't make sence!
    iMore Beginner

85 Posts
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

I guess it sucks to be you. I don't understand why you'd switch to AT&T and not get the iPhone when you switch. The only reason I'm going to AT&T is for the iPhone. If I'd been out of contract with VZW (I wish) I'd have just waited and gone month-to-month with them until the iPhone 3G was available.

It'll probably be cheaper for you to cancel your current contract with AT&T and then sign up as a new customer. Of course, you'll lose your number doing it that way.
    iPhone Newbie

36 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,476 Global Posts

I don't see how you are actually justified in feeling cheated. You made a decision based on rumors and hoped to get special treatment. Think about it as if you were AT&T - would you lose money on thousands of customers to prevent them from feeling "cheated" when there is no justifiable reason? So many of the posters in all of these iPhone forums want something for nothing, it's incredible.
    iPhone Intermediate

316 Posts

I think the best thing you can do is open a new line, sell your razr on ebay, and get your new iPhone 3G for the $199 price. Also if you have an iPod, sell it on ebay or craiglist so you can get the iPhone 3G. What's great is that you'll sell your phone get some cash, sell your iPod if u have one and basically get everything back because your getting a phone and iPod in one.