Transferring Contact to iPhone

ematts

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I am about to purchase a new iPhone 3G and need to transfer my contacts from my Verizon Moto Q (original) to the iPhone. What is the best way to do this?

I don't have the iPhone yet, but the AT&T rep suggested downloading my Moto Q contacts to Outlook, then move the Outlook contacts to the iPhone. Any suggestions of how to do this?

Thanks,

Matt

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I am about to purchase a new iPhone 3G and need to transfer my contacts from my Verizon Moto Q (original) to the iPhone. What is the best way to do this?

I don't have the iPhone yet, but the AT&T rep suggested downloading my Moto Q contacts to Outlook, then move the Outlook contacts to the iPhone. Any suggestions of how to do this?

Thanks,

Matt

Well that's what I'm going to do. All my contacts are stored in my jobs exchange server, so once I get my iPhone all I need to do is configure the exchange servers url and it will sync up and all my mail and appts and contacts will be on my iPhone. At least that's how I envision it being since that's the way it is on Windows Mobile.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
I just looked at my iTunes when I hooked up my iPhone and it asks if you want to add contacts from Windows Contacts or Yahoo! Address Book. I think the simplest way is to sign up with Yahoo and add everyone under your contacts. Then just sync your contacts to iTunes.

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
From phone to phone I have used ContactXfer from Cydia. Works GREAT. Fast, Easy. Connect both phones to same network. select contacts from phone set other phone to receive. Send contacts. BAM... DONE

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I just looked at my iTunes when I hooked up my iPhone and it asks if you want to add contacts from Windows Contacts or Yahoo! Address Book. I think the simplest way is to sign up with Yahoo and add everyone under your contacts. Then just sync your contacts to iTunes.

That's exactly what I did. Tried synching to Outlook, but it didn't work, so I just synched it with my Yahoo address book, and that worked like a charm.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2