Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default Using Smart Playlists...

So I'm sure many iPhone users have the same problem I do. That is, you have way more music in iTunes than the iPhone will hold.

I want to set up some kind of Smart Playlist(s) that can constantly update and randomize so that everytime I sync my iPhone, I get a different selection of music, without having to do so manually.

I've tried using Smart Playlists limited to a particular amount of GB, but they don't randomize.

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere on the forum.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...
    iMore Beginner

52 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

I am also very interested in this. I am going to be changing from 32GB Touch to a 16GB iPhone. I'm definitely gonna need a good way to keep my fav music on it with room for apps, pics, and videos.
    iPhone Intermediate

167 Posts

I'm not sure this functionality exists. You might be able to do a party shuffle and paste the selections into your sync playlist. But if the functionality did exist, it'd be where you set your syncing preferences, and I don't remember seeing anything like this.