Blackberry users tempted to buy the iPhone? Hehe they couldn't resist...

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
I was over at Crackberry.com and noticed they posted an article about future iPhones having keyboards. I read the comments to see what the Blackberry users would say and seems like they'd ditch their Blackberry for the iPhone if it had a keyboard.

What do you guys think about futures iPhones having keyboards? Anyone wish for a real keyboard?

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
I wish future iPhones would have cut-and-paste, removable battery, and A2DP before I'd worry about getting a keyboard.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I have a Blackberry (Curve 8310) and love it in many ways. Since I travel extensively for work, I can absolutely say it's earned my respect as a worthy road warrior phone. Trust me, I can loose luggage, etc but as long as I have my BB and my money clamp (cash, DL, credit cards, etc.) then I'm OK.

Having said all that, I am moving to the 3G iPhone when I can get my hands on one. My biggest gripes with the first gen iPhone were no 3G, no GPS, no Exchange OTA synch support and no voice dialing (plus it cost way too much). They've fixed all my gripes other than an continued (and pathetic) lack of voicedialing. Yes, I know AT&T gets you on the data plan but I get a cell phone allowance anyway for work, so I don't care. The iPhone is just too cool and I'm too much of a geek.:cool:

GaryUSC

Apr 27, 2005
Visit site
Because I am confident that, if Apple builds an iPhone with a physical keyboard, Apple will delivery it in such an art form that all other smartphone manufacturers will scramble to imitate the new form factor. Just like how the current collections of iPhone killers are nothing more than iClones (at least in appearance). So yes, I would love to see an iPhone will a physical keyboard.

dstrauss#IM

Sep 20, 1999
Visit site
I've been swapping back and forth between my iPhone and Curve 8310, primarily because of the push email form our BES service. However, I went ahead and switched back to an iPhone account to insure eligibility for upgrade pricing. I sure hope tehy don't spoil the experience with a physical keyboard.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
How is charging their normal PDA/Smartphone rates "getting you?"

I meant that as "AT&T is increasing the previous iPhone data plan rate". No, AT&T is not "getting me" personally and they are going to charge iPhone users the same rate as everyone else now. But, if you want to say "new iPhone is 50% cheaper than the old one" that's not really true over the life of the contract.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I've been swapping back and forth between my iPhone and Curve 8310, primarily because of the push email form our BES service. However, I went ahead and switched back to an iPhone account to insure eligibility for upgrade pricing. I sure hope tehy don't spoil the experience with a physical keyboard.

Amen. If I wanted a physical keyboard, I'd wait until they get the battery issues solved with the Bold and release it in the US. It's going to be one heck of a phone and arguably the best Blackberry ever. Improved OS, HTML email natively out of the box, 3G, wi-fi, great screen, well established "king of the hill" email and messaging, etc. And it has some features that the iPhone is sorely missing. But, I want an iPhone so that's the bottom line for me.

dstrauss#IM

Sep 20, 1999
Visit site
I've thought about the BB Bold as well, but your main observation nailed it:

"...arguably the Blackberry ever..."

That's the bottom line - best Blackberry - not the best device. Part of it is interface; part of it is the new OS 2.0 software treasures; but a huge part of it is the glorious 3.5" screen. Nothing compares; nothing.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I've thought about the BB Bold as well, but your main observation nailed it:

"...arguably the Blackberry ever..."

That's the bottom line - best Blackberry - not the best device. Part of it is interface; part of it is the new OS 2.0 software treasures; but a huge part of it is the glorious 3.5" screen. Nothing compares; nothing.

The screen is the best I've seen on any mobile device. He!l, on almost any device period. And though others are scrambling for touch screen interfaces, no one has yet come up with Apple's design & software integration excellence. Ive has won numerous design awards, the latest for the iPhone and deservedly so. It's just Star Trek in real life - the coolest mobile device anyone has come out with yet. So, for the geek-at-heart like me? Gotta get one.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro