Want WiFi ON - phone OFF

lecco

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
I travel outside of the USA a lot and want to be able to use the WiFi on my iPhone without having the roaming charges. Is there anyway to disable the phone and still use WiFi?

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
In the iPhone Software 2.0 update, you can now turn Airplane mode on and you'll still be able to use Wi-Fi.

NPR_Aficionado

Mar 18, 2008
Visit site
This will be great, especially if the app talked about in the other threads iCall is as good as many are hoping. That or a Skype app. Either way, for those that travel international, being to use a VoIP service would be wonderful.

BeyondtheTech

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
On Apple's feedback page, I requested a quick "Do Not Disturb" switch on the original iPhone. This would allow me to surf in peace and listen to the iPod portion without getting hit with SMS pop-ups and interruptions with incoming calls - it would just show the red numerical badge in Visual Voicemail, Recent Calls, and SMS. I suppose this is the closest I can get to that feature now.

jaimex99

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
They say it will be possible now!!

With the advent of flights allowing their users to turn on their Wi-fi devices, it has been said that the iPhone will include a setting within Airplane mode for us to turn on Wi-fi. The news could not make me happier. While traveling abroad, it becomes very useful.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2