Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: White or Black/=?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • White!

10 25.00%
  • Black!

30 75.00%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

Default The ultimate decision: White or Black?

So i've been ripping my brain apart with this choice, but what do you guys think. WHITE or BLACK???

im thinken about goin with the white, just because theirs goign to be less of them but idk.
    iPhone Newbie

if you want my opinion... for me, when I say iPhone, I think of black. also, black hides better the scratches.
    but if you're looking for singularity, go with the white
    iPhone Intermediate

I would go with the black. It's sleeker. Also white gadgets get really dirty after awhile.
    Vote for me for the Chapstick Youtube Contest! Wait for the banner, click the big thumbs up, and vote! Thank you! http://lnk.ms/KSBQn
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveiPhones View Post
    I would go with the black. It's sleeker. Also white gadgets get really dirty after awhile.
    This is very true... I was leaning towards the white just because less finger prints will show up on white. But it is true about after a period of time it may get dirty... decisions decisions...
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

im not worried about the dirt. i dont think that a white glossy plastic is goign to turn brown, but i am worreid about the black showing scratches like its nobodies business.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,222 Global Posts
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    If you put that inside another case do you think it would affect the snugg fit?
    Last edited by patcom8; 07-02-2008 at 12:23 PM.
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

I'm going white. It'll go good with my Macbook/Xbox 360 combination I have going on. And I like how it has the "Limited Edition" feel because it's only available in 16GB.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,222 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patcom8 View Post
    If you put that inside another case do you think it would affect the nugg fit?
    I don't really know From the description, it's very thin, like a screen protector film. I don't think it affect it's fit in to a case much. I suppose if you have a very snug case to begin it could be a tight fit.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,222 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reaktor5 View Post
    I'm going white. It'll go good with my Macbook/Xbox 360 combination I have going on. And I like how it has the "Limited Edition" feel because it's only available in 16GB.
    My smartass comment aside, a lot of people say they'll go with white for this very reason.
    I just about choked when I read this post here:
    Apple - Support - Discussions - Black or white ...
    This person obviously is very image conscious and wants everyone to know that he/she has a 16GB model:
    "1. It looks more Apple-ish.
    2. You can tell by the color it's a 16 GB, and less people will have it.
    3. I believe smudges and fingerprints (and possibly scratches) will be much less noticeable."

If I got white, it would be for the simple fact that it's less common.

My wife thinks she should get white and I should get black so it'll be easy for us to tell them apart. I agree. There were times when almost left the house with each other's Treo 650s.

I prefer to be understated. I'd rather people think I have a crappy old iPhone than want to steal my shiny white 16GB. Then again I don't like to have the same thing a billion other people do.
    What are you gunna do?
    Last edited by taylorh; 07-02-2008 at 12:30 PM.
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

My smartass comment aside, a lot of people say they'll go with white for this very reason.
    I just about choked when I read this post here:
    Apple - Support - Discussions - Black or white ...
    This person obviously is very image conscious and wants everyone to know that he/she has a 16GB model:
    "1. It looks more Apple-ish.
    2. You can tell by the color it's a 16 GB, and less people will have it.
    3. I believe smudges and fingerprints (and possibly scratches) will be much less noticeable."

But if I got white, it would be for the simple fact that it's less common.

My wife thinks she should get white and I should get black so it'll be easy for us to tell them apart. I agree. There were times when almost left the house with each other's Treo 650s.
    Perhaps the white would act as chick magnet.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,222 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reaktor5 View Post
    Perhaps the white would act as chick magnet.
    HAHAHA! I can see it now.
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

HAHAHA! I can see it now.
    Now I'm totally sold on white.
    iPhone Newbie

I think white iPhones will definitely have a more feminine appeal to them than the black iPhones. Plus the comments on getting dirty are most likely true. Finger prints will be more obviously on black ones, but in the end a quick wipe on your shirt can fix that.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

I don't know why so many people relate the white model to be more feminine. iPods in the past have always been white. I want to get the white model just so it won't look like it's been mangled by all the fingerprints that the black model would easily show.
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by BeyondtheTech View Post
    I don't know why so many people relate the white model to be more feminine. iPods in the past have always been white. I want to get the white model just so it won't look like it's been mangled by all the fingerprints that the black model would easily show.
    I agree, I think the white is different. Every other phone out there is black.... boring. As for it being feminine? Someone blogs it that way and everyone freaks out about it and goes along with it.
    iPhone Newbie

The last thing I need to do is get on the bus with an all-too-obvious white iPhone. Black it is for me.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,222 Global Posts

I know me. I'll put it in a case because I know I'll drop it at least 1 time.

As one person said on the Apple forums. The white might look good in a translucent case because the white will reflect the light back through whereas a black will look different.

Just something to consider if you're getting a see-through case or a translucent silicone skin or something.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts

I am going to go with black, I just think it looks slimmer for some odd reason.
    iPhone Intermediate

I'll be going black because the face is black and I don't want a two-tone phone. The white makes it look like it's quasi-retro.

Black power!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    494 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Black here too. I just think it looks better.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

If they are out of black on launch day and I must take white, then white it is.
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by HymerSchmidt View Post
    I'll be going black because the face is black and I don't want a two-tone phone. The white makes it look like it's quasi-retro.

Black power!
    Yea I was thinking the same thing. With the white they should have made the frame around the screen white. Your right the white one looks really two-toned, I don't really like it.
    Vote for me for the Chapstick Youtube Contest! Wait for the banner, click the big thumbs up, and vote! Thank you! http://lnk.ms/KSBQn
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    bone stock

I've posted elsewhere on this, but I'm personally getting black. Someone called it "ghetto" but I thought more "Vader". The pics of the white are just.........oh heck, they're friggin' GIRLY! OK, I'll finish up after the PC police get here. But, if the MacBook is any clue, here's how your color selection will actually work:

White - attracts dirt, dust, grease, cat hair, etc. and displays to everyone else that you don't wash your hands everytime prior to touching your beloved MacBook.

Black - should work for law enforcement. As with a black car, it looks great. For at least 5 minutes after washing/cleaning. Then will attract, capture & smudge every fingerprint within a 20 foot radius. Along with showing scratches that you never knew you had.

IMHO - both of them will scratch from taking out of the box probably (or at least with my luck). Not that a scratch or two is the end of the world but it'd be a pisser. So, I'm waiting for my pre-ordered BodyGuardz to get here and I'll pray the skin will help/prevent most of the visual offenders.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

Bodyguardz are so expensive (but I am going to buy one of course) just hoping I can find someone to split the cost with as it comes with two.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast