Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Black!

Votes: 30 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
I'll be going black because the face is black and I don't want a two-tone phone. The white makes it look like it's quasi-retro.

Black power!

Yea I was thinking the same thing. With the white they should have made the frame around the screen white. Your right the white one looks really two-toned, I don't really like it.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I've posted elsewhere on this, but I'm personally getting black. Someone called it "ghetto" but I thought more "Vader". The pics of the white are just.........oh heck, they're friggin' GIRLY! :p OK, I'll finish up after the PC police get here. But, if the MacBook is any clue, here's how your color selection will actually work:

White - attracts dirt, dust, grease, cat hair, etc. and displays to everyone else that you don't wash your hands everytime prior to touching your beloved MacBook.

Black - should work for law enforcement. As with a black car, it looks great. For at least 5 minutes after washing/cleaning. Then will attract, capture & smudge every fingerprint within a 20 foot radius. Along with showing scratches that you never knew you had.

IMHO - both of them will scratch from taking out of the box probably (or at least with my luck). Not that a scratch or two is the end of the world but it'd be a pisser. So, I'm waiting for my pre-ordered BodyGuardz to get here and I'll pray the skin will help/prevent most of the visual offenders.

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
Bodyguardz are so expensive (but I am going to buy one of course) just hoping I can find someone to split the cost with as it comes with two.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Yes, they are expensive but two deciding factors for me. One - iLounge ranked them the highest in a test saying that they were the best looking for clarity and least amount of orange peel effect and applied the easiest with good coverage in corners, etc. Two - they send you two (2) sets of skins. So if you screw up on one or ever need to take it off and replace, you've already got another set. Personally, I learned a long time ago you get what you pay for in most cases and I will buy the best up front once and be happy rather than pay two or three times for inferior products and not be satisfied with their performance.

hey_WILL

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
well, i just ordered a bodygaurd for my 3g, i must agree that its thoughtfull that they send you two, but invisible shield has a lifetime garentee, of at least they DID, im not sure now.

abalboa3

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
I'm going in for a white. If for some reason they don't have any I'll get a black. Either one would be great, but I love the white color, very Apple. I think it will also hide the fingerprints better than the black. On the plus side it will also go very well with my white macbook, until I cave in and buy a macbook pro. :D

GaryUSC

Apr 27, 2005
Visit site
I would go black if the iPhone is for me. But since the new iPhone will be for the wife, I think she will go white. Eitherway, the iPhone will still be one of the most attractive smartphones out there.

Last edited:

dstrauss#IM

Sep 20, 1999
Visit site
After all of the heartache with the "darkening" white plastic on my daughter's MacBook, it is black all the way. No doubt it will be a fingerprint magnet, but in no way will I deal with the discoloration problem. Besides, I have to put up with the "Crackberries are for real men, iPhone's aren't" enough around our office without the white stigma.

Nakheel

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
You know what? I was really considering white, because it kind of says "yes, I paid the extra money to get a different colour than you" lol.

But when I think about it, white just looks too similar to the other one. Black is HOT! No one will mistake a black 3G with a first gen!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
After all of the heartache with the "darkening" white plastic on my daughter's MacBook, it is black all the way. No doubt it will be a fingerprint magnet, but in no way will I deal with the discoloration problem. Besides, I have to put up with the "Crackberries are for real men, iPhone's aren't" enough around our office without the white stigma.

You are really making me think here. How well does your daughter take care of the macbook though? :confused:

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
You are really making me think here. How well does your daughter take care of the macbook though? :confused:

The white Macbook's inside can darken due to the wrist-rests (try saying that 10 times fast) being a matte finish. But the outside will stay clean because it's glossy just like the iPhone. So I'm betting it will stay pretty clean due to the sheen.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The white Macbook's inside can darken due to the wrist-rests (try saying that 10 times fast) being a matte finish. But the outside will stay clean because it's glossy just like the iPhone. So I'm betting it will stay pretty clean due to the sheen.

Good call...