iPhone 2G in stores?

dcharles

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
I don't know how reliable this is, but when speaking to an ATT rep yesterday regarding the pricing structure, I asked about the old 2G iPhones. I was told that stores which had them remaining in stock would be placing them back on sale until their stock is depleted. The rep did not know what the pricing would be. I do remember watching CNN the day of the 3G announcement though and hearing at one point that the 2G iPhones would be marked down to $99. Can anyone confirm this? Seems like a good deal if you were not an early adopter and do not have 3G data in your area.

marys

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
I haven't heard anything about this yet, but if what you say is right, then this will be so great. only $99 :)
the other thing which remains to be determined is if there will be any old iPhones remaining in stores for this to happen...

timebomb16

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
heres the scoop . . . from what i know from various sources apple has depleted their stock of 2G iPhones. They did it mostly through european stores, selling the phone at a discount before the 3G announcement was made. As far as i know no Apple or AT&T store has any 2G iPhones left, if there were any i'm sure apple would have snapped them up as soon as the 3G announcement was made. Aside from the display models which are incidentally still on well . . display, i don't think there are any 2G's left(for sale).

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Apple also may be using left overs for replacements for people who have Applecare...

Actually your right Bad Ash. I got a messed up iPhone off of eBay that was still under limited warranty. I took it to the Apple store and they gave me a brand new one.

BeyondtheTech

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
IMHO, they should have kept both versions of the device. Not everyone will want 3G, not everyone can get 3G, and no person wants to pay $30 when they can pay $20 if they don't have to.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
IMHO, they should have kept both versions of the device. Not everyone will want 3G, not everyone can get 3G, and no person wants to pay $30 when they can pay $20 if they don't have to.

Just like any other older device, they get killed off to a newer and better model. No different here. And now we have to pay $30... :rolleyes:

timebomb16

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
Actually your right Bad Ash. I got a messed up iPhone off of eBay that was still under limited warranty. I took it to the Apple store and they gave me a brand new one.

that's pretty cool... the thing i love the most is their customer service, it's always been great.

dstrauss#IM

Sep 20, 1999
Visit site
When I went in last week to get a SIM to reactivate my iPhone I (to be upgrade eligible) the young man I've dealt with over the last few years told me corporate MADE THEM return all iPhones they had in stock just before the online store "sold out." So my guess they are in stock at Apple to replace broken AppleCare returns.

dstrauss#IM

Sep 20, 1999
Visit site
Well, you never know when you get your info from one of the in-store warriors, but there was really no reason for him to sell me a bill of goods. All I asked was whether they had any left, and he volunteered the return info.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox