Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

316 Posts

Smile Does Apple extended warranty cover lost or stolen iPhones?

Does anyone know if Apple's extended warranty for the iPhone covers lost of stolen phones? Do they give you a brand new one if it's lost or stolen?

I was just wondering, because I'm thinking about adding Apple's warranty to my iPhone when I receive it.

Actually speaking of lost phones...
    Awhile back I went to Disneyland with my fiance. During that time I had a pink RAZR. My fiance and I decided to go on the Indiana Jones ride (which is one of Disneyland's bumpiest rides). Before we got on I put my RAZR in my pocket. We had a blast and it was probably the bumpiest ride I've ever been on. So we left the ride and I was walking away my fiance asked me what time it was. I checked my pockets and there was nothing there!!!

I lost my phone on the Indiana Jones ride! And from there on I told myself, never put a phone in your pocket if your on a ride of some sort.

But! Thank God I lost my RAZR... if I didn't I wouldn't have my iPhone that I have today

6,816 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Sorry, if it is lost or stolen it is not covered. You will have to buy another one at a regular price.
    iPhone Intermediate

241 Posts
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

HOWEVER... some credit cards cover theft. A student (High School) I know had her iPhone stolen and her dad's credit card company covered theft and paid for a new one. I will be contacting each of my credit card companies before I buy my iPhone.