Do you think the 3G will sell out?

jpg90

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I'm hoping I can get it July 11th but I'm not counting on it, since I might have to work. So do you think it's going to sell out right away? Also, are any of you going in line? If so, how early?

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
I went to the apple store by me, which is a popular one for NY, its one of the biggest on long island and i asked about them selling out and one of the sales reps told me that last year they didnt sell out for 3 weeks. As long as you were willing to wait on the line they didnt sell out. so get your line waiting shoes on b/c its time to wait on line.

patput

Jun 25, 2008
www.mwpbooks.com
I'm wondering if there will be lines at the ATT store here in Maine since we don't even have 3G, but it is right next to a Naval Air Station, so who knows...

hey_WILL

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
yea, i live in the suburbs outside phila. i am going to call the night of to see if they are carrying a lot, if i should wait in line, the night of. but of course we are still yet to find out fo' sho' when the release time is right..?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm guessing it depends on your location. There will be plenty at Apple stores in larger cities. I'm outside of Chicago and have 2 Apple stores close by, both within 15 minutes from me here in the suburbs.

carsly

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Apple just bumped up the manufacturing committment so I doubt they will run short. I would suggest waiting two or three days post-launch and then walking in and buying one, no muss, no fuss, no lines. When the 1st gen iphone launched many stores were getting in new inventory nightly so after the first couple waves of buyers supply was fairly ready. I bought one at the Apple store on 5th avenue in NY about two weeks post-launch and there were no lines and plenty of supply.

rsands

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I absolutely think the 3G will sell out. As Jobs mentioned in his keynote, there are so many people who would buy an iPhone if they had the money. Now that the price has dropped $200, to match the prize of the Verizon Voyager, I am sure the 3G will be a sell out.

carsly

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I absolutely think the 3G will sell out. As Jobs mentioned in his keynote, there are so many people who would buy an iPhone if they had the money. Now that the price has dropped $200, to match the prize of the Verizon Voyager, I am sure the 3G will be a sell out.

I can't be positive, but I'm pretty sure Jobs wasn't sitting in Cupertino saying 'Curses! I need to drop the price on the new iPhone to match that fabulous Verizon Voyager!'

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
There is literally a new ATT store about a block away from me, carrying the original(or did) so I assume it will carry the new one as well.

I'll probably go by early, see what it's like, then come back if I have to.

jpg90

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I'm guessing it depends on your location. There will be plenty at Apple stores in larger cities. I'm outside of Chicago and have 2 Apple stores close by, both within 15 minutes from me here in the suburbs.
I actually live about 40 minutes from Chicago as well (depends on traffic, it could be less or more) but I can always take the train. I think I'll just take my chances and go to an AT&T though. It's way closer.

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
The guy at the Apple store here told me they never sold out of iPhones. Was the sell out someone previously mentioned local or national?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The guy at the Apple store here told me they never sold out of iPhones. Was the sell out someone previously mentioned local or national?

Had to be local. Unless they are refering to when they stopped selling them a while back when they were getting rid of their stock.

patput

Jun 25, 2008
www.mwpbooks.com
Have to amend my statement about Maine not having 3G, apparently we do have 3G in many parts of the state. I was shocked when I looked at the map today. I could swear that when I checked it out a few weeks ago, there wasn't any except in Portland. Now I am really hoping that the introduction time is 6pm and not 8 am, altho maybe * would be better because how many people are going to take a day off from work to get the iphone?

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Nope I don't. I think there will be more than enough to go around. Especially since news came of Apple uping orders, they are preparing for the onslaught of customers. I don't think people will need to wait in line order.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
I think the iPhone 3G will sell out pretty quick because of the low price. But I heard about 10 minute activation in the AT&T store. I think that will make the line much worse.