This Wait is Killing Me

patput

Jun 25, 2008
www.mwpbooks.com
You would think ATT or Apple would leak us out a little something to keep us going. This time span from WWDC to July 11 seems A LOT longer
than I thought it would.
And the supposed leak of yesterday about the 8AM rather than 6PM release time has me crazy.
How are the rest of you handling this? Probably in a more adult fashion than I am, right?

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
You would think ATT or Apple would leak us out a little something to keep us going. This time span from WWDC to July 11 seems A LOT longer
than I thought it would.
And the supposed leak of yesterday about the 8AM rather than 6PM release time has me crazy.
How are the rest of you handling this? Probably in a more adult fashion than I am, right?

No, as far as I'm concerned the adult in me went out the window on June 9th. I don't think I've ever been obsessed over a device like this one. I have to keep telling myself that it's just a phone. The sooner you admit you have a problem the better. It's called iPhoneholic. Welcome to my world. As of this moment 14 days, 19 hours, 57 minutes till July 11th 8am.

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
Im right there with you guys. obsession has become an understatement. The long wait is beginnign to spawn rumors of things which werent announced at the WWDC... its been too long. They should just pull at fast one on everyone and release it tomorrow. have everyone flock to the apple stores like crazy people.

alex.stef

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
@all of the above: it seems that Apple's marketing campaign for the new iPhone did it's job for you :p
but now imagine that I'm waiting to buy an iPhone for 1 year. I admit, though, that I've reached a critical point this past few weeks :D

caseychan

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
I was actually more exited for WWDC!

But then again, I've been so busy with moving, trips, and just an entirely busy month that I haven't had a chance to hype myself for the launch. Keep yourself busy and the next 14 days will be easy!

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I was actually more exited for WWDC!

But then again, I've been so busy with moving, trips, and just an entirely busy month that I haven't had a chance to hype myself for the launch. Keep yourself busy and the next 14 days will be easy!

The time so far has flew by looking back on it.
I can remember when my Countdown Widget said 30 days... such sad, LONG days those were. :(

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
No, as far as I'm concerned the adult in me went out the window on June 9th. I don't think I've ever been obsessed over a device like this one. I have to keep telling myself that it's just a phone. The sooner you admit you have a problem the better. It's called iPhoneholic. Welcome to my world. As of this moment 14 days, 19 hours, 57 minutes till July 11th 8am.

Step One - we admitted that we were powerless over our technolust/iPhone obsession and that our lives had become unmanageable.

Step Two..........

:p

Last edited:

hey_WILL

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
oh my, i cannot wait! what like 13 days?! thats almost 2 weeks! ugh, its like i find myself thinking "man i could use 'maps' app now" or internet! it's outragous, just today my friends and i got lost and all i was thinking about was the iphone! and i have begun throwing my phone just because i don't care anymore. my friends think i am crazy, but im like im getting a new one soon, who cares.
and they all ask what i am getting. and i am keeping it a secret! its been going on for like what, over 2 months.
i look at my calender and go 15 days! they ask "till what" and i say july 11. they all stare...i walk away..

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I think I want to hibernate until it comes out. Life isn't worth living without it. If it only it were possible to not wake up for 14 days. Maybe I can get my body cryogenically frozen... Or maybe I'll get some valium from a friend; but would that slow down time or make it faster? I don't care!! Anything to get past the wait!

...The iPhone is a gateway drug.

HawaiiMacAddict

Jun 27, 2008
home.hawaii.rr.com
Aloha everyone,

First post here - I have to get to 20 posts so that I can be entered in the drawing for a free 3G iPhone!!! :D Otherwise, I'll have to wait until 20 August - according to AT&T - so that I'm upgrade-eligible :eek: I can't stand waiting, although iPhone firmware 2.0 should somewhat ease the pain :cool:

HawaiiMacAddict

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I think I want to hibernate until it comes out. Life isn't worth living without it. If it only it were possible to not wake up for 14 days. Maybe I can get my body cryogenically frozen... Or maybe I'll get some valium from a friend; but would that slow down time or make it faster? I don't care!! Anything to get past the wait!

Awesome ideas...hibernate or cryogenics procedure. Where's my yellow pages...? Here you go Hymer Home - 300 Below, Inc.

13 Days, 13 Hours, 31 Minutes till July 11th 8am.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
i honestly don't think cryo is quite the way to go, personally, i've found to fill my time with extra shifts at work, overtime, such that i can now afford the Iphone, i hope...

and this officially makes post #20, and hopefully the one to get picked for a free iphone 3g!

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I would love to find a way to curb my adreneline rush waiting for the time to go by. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas knowing what's under the tree and wanting it real bad.

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
i wouldn't freeze myself, i mean it didn't work out so well for eric cartman.

Think about the iPhones they'd have in the future, man!! What were those things, talking chipmunks? I'm sure they needed phones too...

Yep, I think cryogenics is the way to go. Thanks tkane, you've just convinced me.

P.S. I hold you liable for anything that goes wrong. :eek:

P.P.S. Thanks again!!

hey_WILL

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
:D-they were otters i think
-if you go into the future send me a message telling me about it. does the iphone have mms? flash? copy/paste? removable battery? verizon? better camera?
-thanks, p.s. if you need help freezing yourself lemme know.
:D

patput

Jun 25, 2008
www.mwpbooks.com
And here I thought I was jonesing...yikes:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen