Accidental Reset

MagicSiebz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
i have a big problem. well here it is.

i reset everything on my iphone, without backing it up. i don't mind losing my contacts or info, but there were pictures i wanted. is there anyway to get these pictures back. if anyone could help me, then i would greatly appreciate it.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Not entirely sure how flash-based memory works, but I guess it's kind of the same way as a hard drive (maybe not). But you might be able to recover bits of information, because when you reset or delete something, it is really never gone, it just tell the device the space is empty, please write over it. Do a search for iphone data recovery and see what you get.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
there is no way to recover data from flash memory... once overwritten, it is gone.. not like a hard drive where you may be able to recover data from previous states... sorry.

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
there is no way to recover data from flash memory... once overwritten, it is gone.. not like a hard drive where you may be able to recover data from previous states... sorry.

"Once it is overwritten..." You haven't wrote over it have you? It doesn't sound like you have. As far as data recovery is concerned, SSD and HDD are the same. When you delete files it just "opens-up" the file directory to be written over with new data. Until you write over it, your data is still intact; for functionality purposes however, you won't be able to read it from the phone itself -- or anything not equipped with data recovery... Get something like FileSavage and see how that works. If the data was really important it will be worth the try.

UPDATE: To clarify, resetting doesn't overwrite anything. All your old files just become "invisible" to the OS. So long as you haven't put a ton of data on it, it should be recoverable.

Last edited: