Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Default iPhone & Plaxo

Anyone Sync using Plaxo with their iPhone? I'm afraid of when the time comes to upgrade from my Treo 750 I'll spend a couple of weeks loading, reloading, and reloading contacts. When I first got my T750, it would wipe out Plaxo and then my Exchange contacts leaving me with no contacts. It went back and forth for weeks. Sometimes contacts would be doubled and then deleted... nightmare. Luckily I backed up to a file before starting.
    iMore Actual

Global Posts
    2,375 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Since Plaxo got bought out (by Comcast?) I think more people are getting off of it than on...

Sync with Outlook on a PC, or Mail/Address Book/iCal on the Mac (via MissingSync?) and you should be well prepped...
    iPhone Newbie

what is missingsync? is this preloaded utility or something that must be purchased?
    iMore Actual

Global Posts
    2,375 Global Posts
    iOS Version

MissingSync is a 3rd party app that allows syncing a Treo, Blackberry, or other smartphone to the Mac.

Synchronization for Palm OS, Windows Mobile, Pocket PC, BlackBerry & Sony PSP
    iPhone Nanite

Default Plaxo for iPhone

"My Hub" latest release, version 1.3, brings support for Plaxo and let you access your Plaxo contacts directly from the iPhone.

Fully integrated with the iPhone native address book, My Hub is the first social address book for your iPhone and brings all your Facebook, Twitter and Plaxo contacts in once place.