No Camera Update?!?

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
So eventhough im extremely excited that the iphone came out today and theres so much that is changing and I cant wait to get my hands on the phone, WHAT ABOUT THE CAMERA! i think its really sad that a device like this isnt going to have a nice camera. The photo software that comes with the iphone is amazing, and for them not to take a few extra $ and upgrade the camera is a shame. :mad:

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
I actually think the phone software sucks. No zoom (not even digital zoom), it's laggy, it's hard to use with one hand, it doesn't allow you to annotate the photos in any way, etc.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I actually think the phone software sucks. No zoom (not even digital zoom), it's laggy, it's hard to use with one hand, it doesn't allow you to annotate the photos in any way, etc.

Someone will develop an app to do more while taking pictures.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Yup no camera update. Looks like their is geotagging, but that is a software update, oh well. At least their is something new that is camera related.

WatersWest

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
@ cmaier, I think you meant that you think the camera software sucks. In any event, I don't really care about the camera. A 2.0 MP camera is fine for a phone. I have a nice Canon for taking real pictures. The camera on the phone will do in a pinch.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
A 2mp camera blows and it doesn't look like they improved the hardware at all. However, as above, it's not a deal breaker for me and I'll buy one anyway. Truly amazed that they didn't add video capability but we'll see what the 3rd part folks crank out.

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Yes, I have to agree that it sucks that the camera did not get updated. But that being said it probably takes better pictures than my 700wx. I'm still excited about getting the phone. My holdup was Exchange support and 802.1x support and both of does are a done deal, so the camera I can live with.

32 days and counting. Maybe TiPB can have a countdown timer on the front page.

Last edited:

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Not too big of a deal for me. I would have preferred a better lens and some software upgrades, but I will live. There are other issues that are concerning me far more than the camera...

caseychan

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
I was hoping for a better camera as well. I was very hopeful that it would be an improved capability because I figured Apple would want to have more things that are best-in-class. At least they have geotagging now..

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone know what the highest megapixels available for a camera for a phone is? Like Apple has a 2mgpxl camera, what are other manufacturers putting out?

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Well on the front page, the iPhone Blog's hands on said this about the camera:
"Camera software improved, same megapixels, better images."

We'll see how it looks!

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I rarely take pictures with my phone simply because I've never had one with a decent camera so not a deal breaker for me. But, it does suck just on general principles - another WTF? on Apple's part. Not being able to send them via MMS is just pathetic.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen