Battery on iPhone

kevinbell

Jun 9, 2008
Visit site
Biggest worry for me is the battery. I have a Treo 750 and after checking emails a few times a day, little bit of surfing the net and very little talk, battery usually will give out by end of day. Without having a replacement battery and not always a place to recharge during the day, it may be a problem.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
The iPhone battery is currently excellent. Rumors state the 3G iPhone battery should be able to meet or exceed current operating standards. I read Apple will include a new higher capacity battery. Apple is also known for their expertise in battery management so I'm hopeful it will last a good 3-4 days before a recharge (under normal usage).

speced

Jun 7, 2008
Visit site
I know what you mean about the Treo being a battery hog. I think it's a problem inherent to WinMo devices because everyone I've ever used needs to be charged at least once a day. It's possible that the iPhone just manages battery usage better as well as having a better battery.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
3-4 days would be awesome... Even 2 days I'd be cheering!
In my experience, not using the phone for anything but phone calls, it lasts about 5 days. When I use the iPhone to check e-mail, browse the internet to check something, and listening to music, I average about 3 days. So by no means is this a bad battery, it just could be better for the 3G iPhone.

Ahambone

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
Battery life was a BIG reason I didn't give in and purchase the 1st Gen iPhone- I wanted to see how the battery life would hold up. After playing around with my girlfriend's phone, I've been pleasantly surprised. I hope the 2nd Gen iPhone's battery is as good, if not better.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Battery life was a BIG reason I didn't give in and purchase the 1st Gen iPhone- I wanted to see how the battery life would hold up. After playing around with my girlfriend's phone, I've been pleasantly surprised. I hope the 2nd Gen iPhone's battery is as good, if not better.
It should be better, well that is what all signs / rumors are pointing too.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
3G has great battery life on iPhone. 300 hours of standby, 2G talk-time now has 10 hours (as opposed to 5), 5 hours of 3G talk-time (most phones only have 3 hour 3G talk time), 5 to 6 hours of high-speed browsing, 7 hours of video, 24 hours of audio.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I had a Treo700wx forced on me by VZW as a replacement for 3 dead MotoQ's. It was a battery guzzling brick which I hated - wouldn't get through an entire day. I don't think ActiveStink is the culprit - in fact, it was the only part of the WinMo experience that I enjoyed - if the OS didn't crash, the OTA synching with our Exchange server was flawless. Apple got battery life right on the first generation so hopefully their estimates for the 3G model are correct as well. If you tell me 5 hours of talk time, 300 standby, all that means nothing. Let me get my hands on one when available and then go hit the road for the next business trip. 14 hours of emails flying around, some web surfing and 1-2 hours of voice on the phone - then I'll let you know what REAL world results are along with whether or not it measures up to consulting 101 requirements. :cool: On the bright side, I know my current Blackberry (Curve 8310 on ATT) can do it and make it easily an entire day. Apple should too - and I'd be surprised if the iPhone won't deliver comparable results.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
In my experience, not using the phone for anything but phone calls, it lasts about 5 days. When I use the iPhone to check e-mail, browse the internet to check something, and listening to music, I average about 3 days. So by no means is this a bad battery, it just could be better for the 3G iPhone.
Unlike my Treo 650, my iPhone battery does not leak. My Treo 680 lasts only hours when turned off. Have never missed a spare battery on my iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2