iPhone/iPod Touch apps store = Mac/Apple TV app store?

anon(4661222)

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Since iTunes already has an app store for some ipod games, and the new iPhone/iPod Touch will have an app store, why not a store for Mac and Apple TV software?

I doubt it would be announced today, but as long as Apple uses iTunes to sell software for some devices, why not the rest?

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
the idea is fine, but if they do it i hope they don't use itunes. remember when itunes was a music player? if they keep adding stuff to it, pretty soon it will be its own operating system.

speced

Jun 7, 2008
Visit site
what's wrong with just using the online store that they already have in place on apple.com? I don't see a reason to separate out apps into a different store.

speced

Jun 7, 2008
Visit site
there are already sites out there that do a great job at version tracking for mac apps, as I'm sure you know. as far as the download manager, I think Firefox 3 works just fine.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Since iTunes already has an app store for some ipod games, and the new iPhone/iPod Touch will have an app store, why not a store for Mac and Apple TV software?

I doubt it would be announced today, but as long as Apple uses iTunes to sell software for some devices, why not the rest?
I read some rumors about running apps on the Apple TV, so I wouldn't put it past Apple to release and app store for it. Whether this will come today or somewhere down the line (when the Apple TV gets refreshed) is anyone's guess.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
there are already sites out there that do a great job at version tracking for mac apps, as I'm sure you know. as far as the download manager, I think Firefox 3 works just fine.

Yes, but you're talking mixing and matching a bunch of different software from third parties. It would be nice if every mac came with a nice, simple way to buy, download and version track software. No one is saying it can't be accomplished now using a mishmash of third party software. Also, if Apple did it, they might build versioning right into the app bundles in a way that makes it easier to determine if things need updates; for me, at least, the third party version tracking stuff always seems to be wrong.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711