Did you see the new pictures?

Limozulu

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I found this pictures from a IL site www.iphones.co.il
08062.jpg

08061.jpg

Apparently, this people from australia got this letter with the new iPhone and it said:
SUBJECT TO TERMS OF NDA
DO NOT OPEN UNTIL TUESDAY JUNE 10TH, 2008

:)

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Not new. These were posted yesterday and there is a poll attached. They were pretty much unanimously regarded as fake by the users here as well. According to the front page of the blog this morning, they are considered fake by the "pros" as well.

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
It sorta does suck that their fake. I was sorta hoping to see this thing out in the wild by today. considering its the day before the announcement, i thought someone would have at least done a naked run into apples secure facilities and emerge from the building carrying a 3G iphone screaming their head off... man that would have been exciting. Then everyone would have had to post pictures of the iphone in this guys hand while he ran around naked. haha:p

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I figured it was a fake. The packaging it came in didn't look official. It looked like someone just printed that out, cut it up and pasted it on the box. I mean the send to address and postage was blacked out. All very shady.

Ahambone

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
How come so many fake pictures pop up? Are people just looking for 5 minutes of fame with having their photoshopped creations turn up on mainstream websites?

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
Lots of evidence it is fake. First, there are two different pictures (one in the cardboard, one not) and the size of the "forward" camera is completely different. in both, the camera circle is perfectly wrong, even though the phone is tilted (wrong perspective). The color changes between the two pictures. In one picture you can see the current iphone's aluminum back.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I think I know why there are so many fakes out there:

1. Promote web traffic to a site
2. Apple purposefully release false/misleading specs to different people so people can create the pictures. This ultimately leads to the fact that we don't really know what it looks like. Apple wants to be the one to announce it.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
Kinda looks like a Nokia. Not sure if I by that picture. But, then again......it does look like the Silver iPhone I was hoping for.

Ahambone

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
I think I know why there are so many fakes out there:

1. Promote web traffic to a site
2. Apple purposefully release false/misleading specs to different people so people can create the pictures. This ultimately leads to the fact that we don't really know what it looks like. Apple wants to be the one to announce it.

#2 actually makes a whole lot of sense to me. If I worked for Apple, I would release a whole bunch of fake photos, in order to keep the hype machine rolling.

Limozulu

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Not new. These were posted yesterday and there is a poll attached. They were pretty much unanimously regarded as fake by the users here as well. According to the front page of the blog this morning, they are considered fake by the "pros" as well.
oh, sorry, I didn't see the post before I wrote it. Anyway, today is the big day, finally, we will all know if there is a 3G iPhone, and all about 2.0 ,,,,,

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I think it's safe to assume that any picture "leaked" prior to today is fake. Apple apparently NEVER sends out anything like that and the NDA info on the front is totally bogus. The wait is killing me since I'm probably going to jump ship IF it's a better phone than before and IF activesync in software 2.0 works as well as it did on my WinBlowx devices.