New I phone name

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I'm not so sure the name will change. It's confusing to change names during iterations, and Apple typically doesn't do it; most of us concede, as well, it's only a hardware upgrade. If it does get a name I think it'll be "iPhone2" or "iPhone 3G"(the 3G variant making it appear Apple invented 3G or something, which is clever), but names like "iPhone Black" are confusing. Remember: this is the company changing to .Mac to .Me.

If the certain rumors stand that there will be a "cheaper," hardware-retarded cousin to "iPhone2," then maybe the naming will get snazzy -- differentiating between the original and the extension. I doubt this rumor though(I'll admit it may be because I don't like it and not because it doesn't make sense).

4 days.

IndyJonez

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I'll go with "iphone pro"

Does this count as a 'post' for entry into the itunes gift card link from the homepage or is that somewhere else?

redsoxfan950

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
there is no way that there will be a new name for the iphone. there may be a iphone pro so it would macth macbook and macbook pro. but i do not belive that they will change the iphone name.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Well Apple doesn't use numbers to designate versions, it's not called iPod 2.0 or whatever, it always has a name. So if there are indeed two versions of the iPhone, the EDGE one or the cheaper one will be called iPhone classic and the new 3G iPhone will be called simply iPhone.

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
Its going to be called the Iphone black. its going to have a black back like the old rumored pictures showed. Its going to be amazing!

isitnyu

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The new iphone name will simply be the new iphone, no one will call it something besides the iphone, because it is always referred to that. Officially, it would be Apple's 3G iPhone.