When will you buy the 2nd gen iphone?

When will you buy the 2nd generation iPhone?

• Get in line to be one of the first buyers :D

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • 3 days to 1 week post-launch, hate waiting in lines

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • 1 week to one month post-launch, early adopter but do not need to be in the mad rush ;)

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • 1-3 months post launch, I want to read all the reviews first

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Wait until my current cell phone contract ends

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Never - prefer to go with a knock-off or clone :eek:

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

carsly

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I waited about five weeks before finally caving and buying the 1st gen iphone. How long will you wait before buying the 2nd generation iphone?

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I waited about five weeks before finally caving and buying the 1st gen iphone. How long will you wait before buying the 2nd generation iphone?
You missed an option! The first gen iPhone I waited 1 hour after launch to purchase it. This time around.. depending on price and features, I might wait a week to a month. We'll see what happens come WWDC.

WatersWest

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
I tend to be very deliberate when making any big purchase. Generally, I think it is always good to see/hear/read what others have to say first. That being said, I'll probably wait a week or so, just to see what people have to say, but I don't think I'll have to research this one quite as much as a normal big-ticket purchase. I'll say within 10 days of it's official availability date.

Muero

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I did not expect to buy the first iPhone. After it had been out about a month, I took a trip to New York City, where I got to try out the iPhone for the first time (there are no Apple Stores close to where I live). We went to the store in SoHo first, and even went to an iPhone seminar upstairs. A few days later, we went to the class cube store on 5th Avenue to play around with the iPhones again. A few days after returning from New York, I decided I couldn't live without it, and bought it.

It really came down to seeing how many situations there were to have the always-available full Internet in your pocket. After seeing the iPhone, I kept thinking, "I could just look that up right now, if I had an iPhone."

I think I might wait a couple weeks to make sure there are no bugs, etc., but who knows, with all the excitement, I may get one day one.

burnsaa

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
I think I'm going to wait a bit like 1-3 months. Unless I can convince the wife I need it sooner:D Or if I can sell my current iPhone and my old treo 750 to come up with enough scratch to buy the new one.

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I have the money for it burning a hole in my pocket, so in the first week for me. Hopefully on launch day to be honest.

Ahambone

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
I've actually waited a year to purchase an Iphone already. I decided that I absolutely did not want one last year, but after playing with my girlfriend's phone for the last few weeks, I have decided that full blown Internet in your pocket is just too good to pass up. I'll probably get one on launch day.

emceechad

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
Probably within a week of the launch. I don't think many people are concerned with 3g iPhone over here in Kauai, Hawaii. So really, I think I'll see no hassle to get one that fast. Nonetheless, I'm stoked for it.

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
Ive had first hadn expereince waiting in line for something new, My Wii. I think that was somewhat of a mistake. IM not saying i dont love my Wii but waiting in line for the iphone might not be one adventure im goign to be willing to take. If you wait a week or two you'll start running into them all over the place. No question in my mind that apple will be sellign these thigns like hot cakes so its goign to be nearly impossible to find out once the initial shock is gone.

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Well what held me back from the first gen iPhone was no Exchange intergration. So that issue will be resolved with the new firmware. And the fact that I can't stand my WM Treo 700wx any longer, I maybe in line somewhere on opening day. I can't get enough news on the 3G iPhone.

anon(4661222)

May 30, 2008
Visit site
My contract w/ another carrier is due to end in June...2009. I don't know if I could wait that long. If AT&T subsidises it, I may swallow the early termination fee.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro