2.0 Memory requirements

inertialnav

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I've got an 8GB iPhone with 2GB free. What do you think the memory requirements will be for the new software, much less the add on apps? Many iPhone users I know have stuffed their devices with so much stuff there simply isn't a lot of free space.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I've got an 8GB iPhone with 2GB free. What do you think the memory requirements will be for the new software, much less the add on apps? Many iPhone users I know have stuffed their devices with so much stuff there simply isn't a lot of free space.
I think the new software will be on par with the 1.0 series software, maybe an extra 50-100 mb, but this is probably on the higher end. As for apps, those will vary widely depending on what the apps do.

Muero

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I doubt Apple will steal much or even any of the NAND music/video storage space for use for the OS. I'm more worried about applications running slower due to using more RAM. I think I read somewhere about the 2.0 software running slowly. Sure they were talking about a beta version, but they said it was significantly slower.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I doubt Apple will steal much or even any of the NAND music/video storage space for use for the OS. I'm more worried about applications running slower due to using more RAM. I think I read somewhere about the 2.0 software running slowly. Sure they were talking about a beta version, but they said it was significantly slower.
Where did you find that article? I would love to read that in depth. This is the first time I heard anything about the performance of software 2.0.

burnsaa

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
Well I bet they added more ram in the next iPhone as well. Hopefully that will mean that you can run Safari without it crashing as often as right now I find that if I have more than a couple pages open it seems crashy.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2