Any way to turn off accelerometer?

caseychan

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
I've been digging around but haven't found a way to turn off the accelerometer? I initially had thought that there was a switch, must have been imagining things.

Don't you guys think this should be an option? Or does it not bother you at all?

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
The accelerometer works well, but sometimes Safari rotates and it never goes back, it is very annoying. I guess an option to do this would be nice, seeming how it's probably just a software option. You could probably do this if you had a jailbroken iPhone.

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I am sure you know this, but just to be sure... If you turn the phone and the accelerometer doesn't make the screen switch, tilt it towards you so it is sitting straight up and down. Sometimes when the phone is leaning more towards a flat position, the accelerometer doesn't register the change in orientation.

burnsaa

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
The only time it ever bugs me is when I'm looking at a picture and its not oriented in the right way so when you are looking at it the way its supposed to be viewed it turns upside down or sideways. What I found out is if you just put your finger on the screen and hold it there then rotate it will stay put. Sometimes it will freak out on me and when I let go it goes to slide to the next photo but stops part way between two photos and when I go to slide it the rest of the way it slides through like 15 pictures really fast kind of weird.

Limozulu

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I never had any problem with the accelerometer, don't know what you are talking about and I don't see any reason to turn it off.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I never had any problem with the accelerometer, don't know what you are talking about and I don't see any reason to turn it off.
I bet you could squeeze some extra battery juice if it were turned off. If I had that option, I would probably turn it off and trade it for some talk time or tune time. I hardly browse in landscape mode anyways.