Are iPhone service prices too expensive?

WatersWest

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
The price is not going to go up because you are simply paying for data, period. You are not choosing the route through which your phone is going to access the data (in fact, the phone will do that by itself). For example, with a current 3G-capable phone, when the 3G signal isn't available or strong enough, the phone reverts to Edge. When Edge is not available or not strong enough, it reverts to GPRS. You don't choose, via a payment system, which technology your phone accesses, it just does it. That being said, they COULD say that ALL new users, or ALL purchasers of the new model must pay a higher rate, but the chance of that is pretty much nill. In any event, it's not like they will have a more expensive 3G plan and a less expensive Edge plan. A data plan is a data plan, and once activated, the phone looks for the best connection possible.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
Prices are worth it only cause its the iPhone. I does make me sick that I got my wife a unlocked iPhone on Tmobile and her monthly bill is about $60 with 1500 txt, unlimited internet, 3000 min and free nights and weekends.

Oh and she has the 1st gen 4GB model.
I pay about $85

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
The iPhone plan coupled with my regular cell plan and the taxes and everything is kind of expensive for me, not as expensive as $85 though. Considering before the iPhone I was paying like $30, not it is more than double. But I still love the phone and can't wait for the next version.

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Last time I checked, I was paying about $70(I use automatic bill-pay mostly). I feel like it's worth it though. I couldn't be happier with any other phone by any other company, so I gottsta do what I can to make myself happy, right?

When I was with Sprint, I had TV, data, etc. and etc. and it was about $110 a month. Take away the TV and whatever bloated features I had and the cost is comparable.

What I am interested in is if 3G data will be more expensive, and if/when Apple stops revenue sharing, and/or ATT starts subsidizing the phone, if it will be more expensive then as well. I predict it stays the same though; the price point is perfect both for meeting demand, staying competitive, and maximizing profit.

tschertz01

Mar 11, 2008
Visit site
With the exception of the 200 text message limit I think the iPhone data rates are very reasonable and by far the most straightforward and easiest to understand. Most data plans in my opinion are very confusing and expensive. I don't think the data plans would have been this reasonable if Apple hadn't insisted on it. Thank you Apple.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
With the exception of the 200 text message limit I think the iPhone data rates are very reasonable and by far the most straightforward and easiest to understand. Most data plans in my opinion are very confusing and expensive. I don't think the data plans would have been this reasonable if Apple hadn't insisted on it. Thank you Apple.
Yup I agree with you. Other data plans from AT&T are so confusing. They should just make one access plan, like the iPhone.

pandabear559

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
too expensive

for data you pay $30
for unlimited text you add $20
then add your min plan.... yes it is too expensive
i will not pay $130 a month for a phone

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
It isn't about the money. I pay Verizon $60- a month so that I can tether and watch Slingbox over GPRS. I have to carry a MiFi card, in addition to my iPhone. I do that even though Optimum Online includes widely deployed WiFi in my Internet service. I would gladly pay AT&T that $60 a month if they provided the service and I did not have to carry and charge an extra device. AT&T simply does not get it. It is not about the money; it is about the service and the terms.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2