$200 Low End iPhone?

inertialnav

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Well, the source of info for this $200 business isn't that varied. Lots of sites and blogs are repeating one bit of info from one source.

I agree with the earlier post: It doesn't make financial sense for Apple to do it.

redsoxfan950

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
this would be totaly awesome if there was one of these ones coming out on monday i also hope on monday the service plan will drop but it wont.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
Any chance we can move this board back to the old place? It was more contentious, but at least the spelling, grammar, and punctuation didn't make me want to rip out my eyeballs.

Ahambone

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
you can never tell with AT&T. I think Apple made a big mistake the first time around not subsidizing the phone. I would have to say that its not going to be a huge decrease in price to $200 but i would say that they might give a $50 rebate. To have such a huge subsidy that woudl drop the price of the whole phone down to 200 is almost impossible. You cant even buy a Ipod touch for $200. i think it would be a big mistake by apple and although they might see a huge increase in the number of iphone sales, they will experience a large decrease in regular ipod and ipod touch sales which in the long run may be detrimental.

I would think that if AT&T were offering the subsidy, they would still be paying full price from Apple to purchase the phones. It would help all parties involved; more people would sign up with AT&T to get subsidized phones, while Apple would still see full price paid by AT&T.

I don't necessarily believe that an increased number of iPhones will mean a decrease in iPod sales- iPods appeal to a much broader audience than iPhones do.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
I don't think apple cares if it cannibalizes ipod sales. Ipods are the cheap razors that get monetized by itunes purchases, and halo-wise slowly get people to buy macs, apple tv's, and apps from the appstore.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Any chance we can move this board back to the old place? It was more contentious, but at least the spelling, grammar, and punctuation didn't make me want to rip out my eyeballs.
I had real doubts about the move but traffic is much higher now and I for one welcome that. A few of the posts could benefit from a little more effort in the spelling, grammar, and punctuation departments (I'm sure I'm not completely innocent myself) but at least there are posts.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Data on traffic:

TiPB_vs.jpg

TiPB is now up around wmexperts, which is way better than Phone Different ever did. Traffic-wise at least the move seems like a good call by Dieter et al.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
I know this is completely off topic, but after the praise of the changes I have a criticism: the pages are too narrow. This is what the site looks like on a screen 1440 pixels wide (ironically a MacBook Pro):

TiPBscaled.jpg

(Image scaled)

The forum pages can be changed to the vBulletin default, which fixes this, but that's as ugly as sin. The front and news pages can't be changed at all as far as I can see. Any chance of a fix (or of letting me know what it is if one already exists)?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW