Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

153 Posts
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts

Default Backspace out of control on Iphone

Does anyone else have problems when using the backspace on their iphone? By problems I mean if they hold it down for 2 seconds it keeps going for like 5 seconds. When I first got it and held down the backspace it would delete letters then move up to entire words but when I let go it would stop now when I let go it just keeps on going and going and next thing I know its erased half of my email message or whatever I'm writing.

Just trying to figure out if this is just my phone or if others have noticed this as well. I guess I shouldnt worry about it to much seeing as how I will probably be getting a new one in a couple months
    iPhone Intermediate

476 Posts

Weird. Try a hard reboot... press and hold the home button and the power button. Do this until you see the Apple symbol, ignore the slider that comes up that is telling you to turn off the phone. If this doesnt work, try restoring the software.
    iPhone Newbie

27 Posts

I've had bizarre things like this happen after jailbreaking, the full restore really should fix it.
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Default Re: Backspace out of control on Iphone

Not only is the backspace out of control on my 4s with IOS7, (one touch deletes sometimes a word, sometimes the whole message), but the keyboard is erratic - pressing a number gets the letter underneath and vice versa, and sometimes it just hangs.
    Any ideas?