iPhone questions, please

scouter075

Jan 22, 2004
Visit site
I am considering getting a new iPhone in June to replace my Treo 680.

A few "dumb" questions, please.

- I use an PC running Windows XP. Will I be able to sync the iPhone's calendar with Outlook?

- I know that the current model is available with either 8 or 16gb models. Other than added capacity for music, movie and TV downloads, is there any other advantage to having more capacity?

- I see a variety of web based applications. Are these typically free, one time charges or monthly subscriptions?

- Based on the current model, what kind of battery life can I expect?

- Any "must have" accessories?

- Anything else I need to know?

Thanks in advance.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
You can sync with outlook.

More capacity might be useful for storing more third party apps (when they become available).

Almost all web-based apps are free (often ad-supported).

I charge mine once a day (each night). My wife charges hers every two or three days. Your mileage may vary.

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
You can generally expect 6-7 hours of real use from the battery before hitting the red zone. Now, whether you burn those 6-7 hours in one long session, or over the course of two days, is dependent on you. In other words, if you are a light user, you can possibly get 2-3 days on a single charge, if you are a super heavy user, you may not make it to 5pm. It all depends on you.

The actual amount of usage it takes to kill the battery is pretty strong though.

Must have accessories would most definitely be some sort of case/holster for it.

One tip... If you have your mail already synced to Outlook, or something similar, via POP, be sure to go into that mailbox and set it to leave a copy of the message on the server. This will save you an unnecessary headache.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
- Based on the current model, what kind of battery life can I expect?
I usually get about 5 hours of use (phone and music playing). Standby time is about 5 days when I use both features. If it is just phone usage, about 7 days standby.

- Any "must have" accessories?
Definitely get a case for it. You can also get an FM transmitter if you plan on using it a lot in your car (Griffin just came out with the iTrip AutoPilot, http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itripautopilot). Oh and a bluetooth headset, any will do.

- Anything else I need to know?
Monthly plan is like an additional $20 if you already have an AT&T plan.

tschertz01

Mar 11, 2008
Visit site
Must have accessory...headphone, earphone adapter to fit in that recessed headphone jack. Hopefully wont be an issue with the 3G but nobody knows for sure.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal