Easy way to move iPhone data to new pc?

nmprofessional

Jun 19, 2003
www.nmprofessional.com
Is there an easy way to transfer all iPhone data from my older XP laptop to new Vista laptop?

If I copy the main iTunes directory, and place it in the same location on the new laptop, should that work?

tschertz01

Mar 11, 2008
Visit site
I don't know how easy this would be considered but I would take a two prong approach to this.
Prong 1: Moving your music over could be accomplished by following the steps in the Apple support article. You could also us any external hard drive if you don't have a spare iPod or use the CD/DVD method that links from that page.
Prong 2: Moving your address and calendar. Now this part I haven't done myself but I don't see why it wouldn't work. When you hook up the iPhone to your new computer and iTunes opens click on the Info tab for the iPhone. From there you check the boxes to sync your calendar and addresses. Just don't check the boxes (towards the bottom) to overwrite the data on your iPhone.
That should do it but keep your original computer handy just in case I'm missing something and you need to restore your last back up. Otherwise once you're done just make sure to de-authorize the old computer if you aren't going to use it anymore.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2