An unexpected error has occurred (1602).
Just an FYI.
If you get the following message when instaling iPhone upadte 1.1.4, "An unexpected error has occurred (1602)." you MAY NOT have to do what Apple suggests and re-install iTunes on your machine.
Try this... it worked for me.
1. I tried to install iPhone update 1.1.4 .
2. I got the error, "An unexpected error has occurred (1602).".
3. Then I remembered that I subscribed to a recent video Podcast which was in a weird format that I could no watch on my iPhone, but I could listen to it.
4. I unsubscribed from that video Podcast.
5. I had iTunes delete all the files for the Podcast (in my case just one).
6. Installed iPhone update 1.1.4 PERFECTLY!
When you don't succeed, TRY AND TRY AND TRY AGAIN, BEFORE you re-install software.
Have a great week!
P.S. iTunes 126.96.36.199 on a PC running XP Home edition.