I nearly bought an iPhone today...

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
... for my 10 year old daughter, as a Christmas present. Unfortunately she thought it sucked, as the YouTube client did not have any of her own YouTube videos she uploaded. We walked out with an LG Viewty, which I personally thought was too complicated for her, but she is currently playing with it making videos (which the Viewty can ironically upload directly to YouTube without any PC involved).

The lack of functionality in the iPhone is even deterring child shoppers these days.

Surur

patrickj

Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
... for my 10 year old daughter, as a Christmas present. Unfortunately she thought it sucked, as the YouTube client did not have any of her own YouTube videos she uploaded. We walked out with an LG Viewty, which I personally thought was too complicated for her, but she is currently playing with it making videos (which the Viewty can ironically upload directly to YouTube without any PC involved).

The lack of functionality in the iPhone is even deterring child shoppers these days.

Surur

LOL - that's great stuff. The iPhone demograhic may be a tad younger - my 4.5 year old daughter thinks my iPhone is great - mostly coz we can draw green hair on people's pics in the camera roll with the Sketches app (which of course is a 3rd party app) ...

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site

Surur

Surur, I cant believe you are still at it. Today, I was on another mobile phone forum and saw you anti-iphone posts there also. You seriously need to get out more.

Iceman6

Jun 5, 2003
Visit site
Ignore the trolls, surur. You are one of the few skeptics left, and Apple seriously needs complainers. I don't want the next iPhone to be just like the last one except for 3G. Start a blog even -- Why I Don't Have An IPhone, and give them a target to shoot at, er, I mean shoot for.

P.S. I am getting my own iPhone in the next coupla weeks.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Ignore the trolls, surur. You are one of the few skeptics left, and Apple seriously needs complainers. I don't want the next iPhone to be just like the last one except for 3G. Start a blog even -- Why I Don't Have An IPhone, and give them a target to shoot at, er, I mean shoot for.

P.S. I am getting my own iPhone in the next coupla weeks.

I have absolutely no issues with anybody complaining about the iPhone. Its not a perfect device. What amazes me if the amount of posts and the amount of websites where Surur has made these posts over the last year. I wouldnt be surprised if Surur has made over 5000 anti iphone posts in the last 365 days, spread out over many different websites. Now, some people might say Surur is a crazy man with no real life, others might just say he has a strange iPhone fixation. I think its probably a little of both.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
I wouldnt be surprised if Surur has made over 5000 anti iphone posts in the last 365 days, spread out over many different websites. Now, some people might say Surur is a crazy man with no real life, others might just say he has a strange iPhone fixation. I think its probably a little of both.

Lets not be ridiculous. I am registered on many websites for may years. Maybe I am obsessed with smartphones, but this certainly did not start with the iPhone.

The Phonedifferent forums are just a sub-forum of Smartphone experts after all, which is why I still post in the forums. The occasional posts here do come up when I click on new posts in the Smartphoneexpert forums after all.

Surur

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Lets not be ridiculous. I am registered on many websites for may years. Maybe I am obsessed with smartphones, but this certainly did not start with the iPhone.

The Phonedifferent forums are just a sub-forum of Smartphone experts after all, which is why I still post in the forums. The occasional posts here do come up when I click on new posts in the Smartphoneexpert forums after all.

Surur

I miss the times around the iPhone launch, when you were posting every negative iPhone thread made to many different forums. That was good fun. Any chance of you bringing that back? All we would need then would be MikeC's in store sales reports about how bad the iPhone must be selling.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
I miss the times around the iPhone launch, when you were posting every negative iPhone thread made to many different forums. That was good fun. Any chance of you bringing that back? All we would need then would be MikeC's in store sales reports about how bad the iPhone must be selling.

Having all those threads moved to the phonedifferent forum got really tiring. I see this site still has to pick up to any significant extent. I think negative threads should have been left in the TreoCentral forum.

Surur

Dieter Bohn

Editor Emeritus
Feb 1, 2001
www.backlon.com
Having all those threads moved to the phonedifferent forum got really tiring. I see this site still has to pick up to any significant extent. I think negative threads should have been left in the TreoCentral forum.

Surur

I think I'm going to be adding some big banner links (or somesuch) to the general spe forums to help encourage more cross-pollination.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73