Are we snapping back to mobile sized sites?

nmprofessional

Jun 19, 2003
www.nmprofessional.com
My previous phones have all been Treos since 2002. On the Treo, I enjoyed mobile sized portals that I could view easily on a 2" x 2" screen columnized for easy scroll-up and scroll-down navigation. The Treo supported CSS and low level Javascript.

Now I have the iPhone and am enjoying full-featured web browsing even though I have only a 3" screen. Supporting all CSS and Javascript but no Flash.

But I find it interesting that the iPhone and web design community is snapping back to mobile sized sites. And it seems that it is because of the iPhone and mobile sized sites now have more energy behind it than I have ever seen.

What are your thoughts?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I've noticed for example that Amazon has an "iphone version" of their site that loads.

I'm not sure i prefer that. In fact i know i don't.

This what you mean?

BTW..this is probably mentioned somewhere but i noticed Apple put a list together of web 2.0 apps. www.apple.com/webapps
I'd really prefer the kind of apps you install though. Most of these are just time wasters IMO.

nmprofessional

Jun 19, 2003
www.nmprofessional.com
@cardfan
Yeah. We've had Smartphones for over 5 years. People say they hate the 2-inch screen to surf and the inability to see a whole webpage that works. The iPhone comes on the scene with a whole page look at the web with a real broswer and easy zoom-in and zoom-out... and now we are making sites to fit the 3-inch screen. It seems that wer are back to columnized browsing again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711