Is there a database reader for the iPhone yet?

neuronbob

Dec 3, 2004
Visit site
I am a VZW Treo 700p user. Many of you are familiar with the unfortunate issues sounding that POS POS (Palm OS Piece of s***). While I have had no issues with my 700p, I am so unsatisfied with Palm's handling of the 700p situation that I am probably going to jump ship. Being a Mac owner and Apple stockholder, the iPhone is a natural migration for me even though I love VZW.

Anyway, on to my question. On my Treo, I currently use JFile to receive data from a Filemaker Pro database on my MacBook Pro. Is there any similar solution for the iPhone as yet? If there is, then I plan to make the jump ASAP and sell the 700p.

Thanks in advance!

neuronbob

Dec 3, 2004
Visit site
Just came up with a partial solution. I still have my Tungsten C and all it needs is a charge. I can continue to use my databases, but it means I have to go to two devices. :(

Would rather not have to do that.

nmprofessional

Jun 19, 2003
www.nmprofessional.com
... On my Treo, I currently use JFile to receive data from a Filemaker Pro database on my MacBook Pro. Is there any similar solution for the iPhone as yet? If there is, then I plan to make the jump ASAP and sell the 700p.

Thanks in advance!
I have not extensively used Filemaker, but have researched using it for a business database. I think that Filemaker can publish the data to the web. It may be a work around.

Mike Overbo

TC / Phone Different
Aug 21, 2006
phonedifferent.com
Filemaker does indeed publish data to the web. Since version 5 or 6, if memory serves. I haven't used anything more recent than 6, so I don't know how well they've advanced everything, but it's definitely possible to do it.

neuronbob

Dec 3, 2004
Visit site
That's an interesting idea. I have a .Mac account, so I could access that data securely, I guess. It would obviously be much better to have the data actually on the device, however.

I am hopeful that with the SDK release we will see FM Mobile for iPhone by the middle of next year.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2