treo switchers

nmprofessional

Jun 19, 2003
www.nmprofessional.com
One more question....Its really hard to get a clear answer on this. Is AT&T (EDGE) network slower than Sprint (EvDO)?

By the definition of the platforms, yes... EvDO is much faster than EDGE by about 10-times.

But we have to look at it in perspective. I came from a Treo 700p which uses EvDO and I can tell you that because the iPhone has a wicked fast processor; EDGE + iPhone seem to show a full-page website (minus Flash) in about the same time as compared to my old phone.

ursa08

Jun 26, 2007
Visit site
I don't know anything about processors, but by the time I got to any webpage on my Treo680...I'm already opening third one on iPhone :)

ScandaLeX

Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
I don't know anything about processors, but by the time I got to any webpage on my Treo680...I'm already opening third one on iPhone :)

One of my co-workers (iPhone) and myself (Mogul) yesterday did a side by side comparison test. While his first webpage opened almost instantly, mine was still dialing 777!

Needless to say, I wasnt happy.

DavidGallant

Sep 9, 2005
Visit site
thinking of making the switch this week. any of you with experience grandfathing your plans over to the iphone, from a cingular treo to an att iphone?

ScandaLeX

Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
thinking of making the switch this week. any of you with experience grandfathing your plans over to the iphone, from a cingular treo to an att iphone?

Since I have been thinking for a while about switching, I've been doing a great deal of reading about the iPhone. One of the things I've come across is that if you have an iPhone, then you have to get one of the "iPhone" plans. I dont know how true that is.

I've been with Sprint for 9 years, so I am only basing my knowledge from what I've read.

Nick Carraway

Sep 10, 2007
Visit site

I was on AT&T before I switched and all they did when I activated my phone was drop my current data plan (I was using a Treo 600) and add the $20 iPhone data plan. I kept the same calling plan as before. Also if you get some sort of discount on your bill (I was getting 21% off because of where I work) they take that off as well when you switch to the iPhone. All in all I think it saves me about 15 dollars a month.

BCA2812

Oct 7, 2003
Visit site
:) I just switched yesterday from a Sprint Treo 700p to the Iphone. I ported my number from Sprint to ATT in about 20 minutes... went flawlessly. I kind of had second thoughts about ditching the Treo/Sprint, but I am liking the Iphone more and more. The screen on the Iphone is superb and makes the Treo's look very weak. My eyes are bad and the Iphone is much easier to see. Application switching on the Iphone is speedy. I do miss several Treo applications that I used, but hopefully Apple will include them at a later date or I can look for widgets to use. Today, I did use Pocket DVD Wizard to copy a movie (Mars Attacks!) to the Iphone. Looks and sounds great! Much nicer than on the Treo. The Iphone switches easily from the Edge network to available WiFi. Edge is slower than Sprint's Power Vision, but the Safari browser is nice and web pages look like real web pages... not cut down versions displayed on Blazer. So far, the Iphone is a keeper and I may have to end up selling my Treo on E bay. Barry

znemas

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
I made the switch from the 700p to the iPhone 4 days ago and I haven't missed my Treo once. As I use the iPhone more features have started to naturaly emerge. That is the briliance of apple products. The intuitive nature of their applications and interface. I use Mac G5 at home & at the office so keeping my life in sync is lightyears easier than with the 700p.

I sold my Treo on Grieg's list for $200 and wasn't bound to a contract with sprint. So the jump was simple and affordable.

"If you have the means, I highly recomend you pick one up."

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Sadly, the iphone is but a memory. Sold it for near 400 surprisingly.

Me thinks once you get past the wow factor with the screen and multitouch, some might agree that the constant swiping and finger tapping gets old. A cheap Centro on a SERO plan will keep me happy for another 18 months. I'll give a look back at Apple then.

Other problems (for me), is that i don't find myself using the multimedia too much. Centro is fine (actually superior) for music. I don't watch video on it during the times i use the phone out in public and certainly not at home..and the Centro is more than adequate for it. Email on the Centro is better. Browsing i'll give to the iphone easily, but even then i'm just checking a forum real quick or doing light browsing and the Centro is fine for that. Centro is much louder, smaller, lighter, and frankly, does much more..and..is easier to navigate without all the finger swiping and smudges.

There's also that awkward moment at a client's or at work in the impression you make with an iphone. You're not impressing people like this. You just look silly because you're using their kid's phone..or they'll say something like "oh how's that work? my kid wants one of those" lol

So thumbs down from me after using it for almost 30 days. Maybe if i was a college student...it might appeal more.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73