Rejected Story Links

Mike Overbo

TC / Phone Different
Aug 21, 2006
phonedifferent.com
Bungie is leaving Microsoft. Bungie is probably worn out from being a Xbox-only Halo-only game developer; they used to be a very well-rounded mac game developer before they were bought out by Microsoft to bring a respected game company to the XBox fold, back when it was doing poorly. I'd love to do a front page story for this, since this is as good a time as any to come back and develop games for the mac, maybe even iPod / iPhone, but it's all still speculative at this point.

the last nail in the coffin is that it's a John Dvorak story, which means that it's a bit of a troll story. I gotta admit, he's effective at getting eyeballs.
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/story.aspx?guid=%7B861065D6%2D3BAE%2D4F5C%2DBF1C%2DC4B7BDE76899%7D&siteid=rss

Mike Overbo

TC / Phone Different
Aug 21, 2006
phonedifferent.com
rumors of 16gb iphone are false. I didn't think the rumors were credible, so I didn't post it. I'm ignoring this because Apple tends to let products sit "on top" of their product structure for 9 months or a year before they get replaced. If they replaced the hardware as fast as the blogosphere demanded, apple couldn't earn past what they spent on R&D. the improvements will come via software for now.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
rumors of 16gb iphone are false. I didn't think the rumors were credible, so I didn't post it. I'm ignoring this because Apple tends to let products sit "on top" of their product structure for 9 months or a year before they get replaced. If they replaced the hardware as fast as the blogosphere demanded, apple couldn't earn past what they spent on R&D. the improvements will come via software for now.
Also, the pictures are pretty bad fakes!

Mike Overbo

TC / Phone Different
Aug 21, 2006
phonedifferent.com
Also, the pictures are pretty bad fakes!

Heh. Yes, there was that too. Is it wrong to get a kick out of reading sites that were taken in by the hoax? :evil:

canadian who bricked his iphone. youtube video, mocking the new batch of commercials. he unlocked and bricked his iphone by updating. call me merciless, but I can't pity him. it's not like there wasn't a metric ton of news out there that said "don't apply the update if you've unlocked." also, there are plenty of ways to unbrick said iphone. downgrade to 1.0.2, extensive command-line method to upload old radio software, apply ipsf hack, etc. bonus points for gratuitous canadian reference to hockey, though.

Mike Overbo

TC / Phone Different
Aug 21, 2006
phonedifferent.com
french iphone buyers choose orange or unlocked. pretty dang speculative; I'm not buying it. From what I understood of the french law (which admittedly is not much), it just requires that a phone must be sold without contract.

I haven't read anything about france having laws requiring a phone be available unlocked. To my knowledge, that law is for neighbor belgium and perhaps finland (it's one of the scandinavian countries). I could be wrong, though.

Mike Overbo

TC / Phone Different
Aug 21, 2006
phonedifferent.com
macworld on 2g iphone. when they say 2g, they mean 2nd generation of the iphone and not 2nd generation of data services / GSM. which is confusing, since the article is about the 3G (data) iPhone release next year. really shoddy editing work, not at all common for macworld. they should say iphone 2.0 instead of iphone 2g.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2