10 Things that "Absolutely rock" about the iPhone. (no I don't have one)

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Actually the 2 Megapixel pictures gets downsized automatically when you send them via e-mail. Its just another one of Apple's little touches, and if you do happen to notice, dont worry, because Apple decided not to worry you with the choice of disabling this feature or not.

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Hey - don't really want to argue about "who was first". The "perception" is that Apple is leading the pack with a new design and interface that is NOT WM or POS. Regardless of who was designing or planning whatever - iPhone will pave the way to both better design and integration on the phone side and more acceptance/use of "convergence devices" on the consumer side.

Smokey bear says only you can prevent incorrect perceptions from spreading. I mean, everyone knew Saddam Hussain planned 911, and look how that turned out.

Surur

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Actually the 2 Megapixel pictures gets downsized automatically when you send them via e-mail. Its just another one of Apple's little touches, and if you do happen to notice, dont worry, because Apple decided not to worry you with the choice of disabling this feature or not.

Surur

Really? So the only way to get the full sized photo off the device is to sync with iTunes? BTW, I think they should rename iTunes soon since it has grown in scope beyond music.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Really? So the only way to get the full sized photo off the device is to sync with iTunes? BTW, I think they should rename iTunes soon since it has grown in scope beyond music.

Maybe one of our iPhone owners can comment. Like, can they also say if there is a way to turn of the GSM radio without also turning of the WIFI radio.

Surur

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Maybe one of our iPhone owners can comment. Like, can they also say if there is a way to turn of the GSM radio without also turning of the WIFI radio.

Surur

I'd almost say that isn't an issue since the battery life is pretty good on the device. When I would normally expect someone to need the phone off I'd also expect them to need the wifi off, ie. on a plane. But options are good, being able turn both off individually could help extend your battery when you are running low and can't charge it.

Would you get SMS' via wifi if the phone were off though? Maybe that's why they are tied, so you have to use SMS via ATT, or Apple doesn't want it to look like limited functionality is available if you turn off the phone.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
I'd almost say that isn't an issue since the battery life is pretty good on the device. When I would normally expect someone to need the phone off I'd also expect them to need the wifi off, ie. on a plane. But options are good, being able turn both off individually could help extend your battery when you are running low and can't charge it.

Would you get SMS' via wifi if the phone were off though? Maybe that's why they are tied, so you have to use SMS via ATT, or Apple doesn't want it to look like limited functionality is available if you turn off the phone.

There are a number of situations e.g. on a plane with WIFI and no cellular radio of course, when overseas when you dont want to roam inadvertently, deep inside a building with WIFI but poor/no GSM reception, when trying to extend the battery life when you know you wont be getting to a charger soon etc.

Surur

Insertion

Fear teh Munk!
Jan 10, 2005
fearthemunk.com
You have to sync to get full rez photos off of it. Email reduces it to 640x480, or thereabouts

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site

Surur

You cannot turn WI-FI on when you are in airplane mode. A message will pop-up claiming if your continue, Airplane mode will be turned off. Can't see this as a very big issue though.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
You cannot turn WI-FI on when you are in airplane mode. A message will pop-up claiming if your continue, Airplane mode will be turned off. Can't see this as a very big issue though.

Just one of many many many many little issues that would make me feel I am using a feature phone, not smartphone.

Surur

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site

What is available to you in airplane mode?

edit: what I would want to see: my calendar, my contacts, my notes, cached Google Maps would be nice, all the things I may want to check before getting off the plane. Basically everything that doesn't require net access. Maybe even Safari if I can use the trick cmailer said can allow documents stored locally.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Just one of many many many many little issues that would make me feel I am using a feature phone, not smartphone.

Surur

I totally understand as I have many of the same issues (and thus haven't bought one yet), but let's make an attempt to keep this on topic regarding the iPhone's strengths ;) There's a whole other long thread for the complaints.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
I totally understand as I have many of the same issues (and thus haven't bought one yet), but let's make an attempt to keep this on topic regarding the iPhone's strengths ;) There's a whole other long thread for the complaints.

:)

I'm actually thinking of importing one for my wife. It would be really exclusive for at least a few months. All I need is for a reliable unlock to be available.

Surur

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
Surur, welcome! What brings you here? Get tired of the old thread? Or ya' lookin' to learn about all of the great things the iPhone has to offer?

Welcome, of course....

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
BTW, I have heard from a friend at Apple that the next rev of the iPhone is coming for Xmas. That's as much as they would say, but the source is solid.

Hopefully this one will be unlocked soon enough!

:)

I'm actually thinking of importing one for my wife. It would be really exclusive for at least a few months. All I need is for a reliable unlock to be available.

Surur

In 2 yrs time I could go for one for myself ;)

What I like from the videos and such I've seen

1. GUI - very good
2. good internal memory
3. forces competitors too comfortable with their devices to innovate :thumbsup:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73