10 Things that "Absolutely rock" about the iPhone. (no I don't have one)

RICHINMJ

May 28, 2004
Visit site
Back to topic. I actually like that full page internet thing that you can zoom in on if it works like it does in the commercial and you if you don't have to wait a half hour for the page to load.

MobileGuy

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
I've been a Treo user since the 300 (300>600>650>700p), with a bit of Blackberry in between. I've been using the iPhone since it came out. At first, lots of frustrations with some negative transfer (especially w/ the keyboard). Now I feel at home with it-- I can type at least as fast on it and it's less perceived work given you don't push down anything. The touch interface works beautifully with browsing, etc. The screen rez and the the web browser allow me to do things on it I could never do well on the Treo-- e.g., go easily to full scale banking web sites, news sites, etc. Watching movies or shows was never much fun on the Treo, although it was cool as a concept. Here it's a reality. I've thoroughly enjoyed being able to watch a variety of stuff. The fit and finish is by far the best of any cell phone I've ever seen, and you get a lot of screen real estate and power for something that is almost undetectable in my pocket (unlike all my treos). Yes, there are some mind-boggling omissions (e.g. copy & paste, search). But this can (and I am confident will) be fixed w/ a software update. But even with these omissions, it's just so nice using a device that is beautiful, well-designed, functional, easy to use, powerful... and dare I say... fun! I picked up the 700p the other day, and while I had some warm fuzzy nostalgic feelings for it, I could not imagine going back willingly!

RICHINMJ

May 28, 2004
Visit site
Come on, warm fuzzy nostaligic sounds like a ringing endorsement to me. I thought you were not suppose to have an iPhone for this thread. My big issue is AT&T's service and the price of the plan even even wiithout insurance. Can't give up my $29.56 (Insurance and tax included) Sero plan with unlimited everything.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
But there's no really good reason why you shouldn't be able to, at least from a technical perspective.

i will agree (not knowing much about the technical aspect of the equation). but since it cannot be unlocked at this time, it would most probably not be the international travelers first choice of phone devices if he/she were paying for their own calls.

i thought this thread (of yours) was about what "absolutely rocked" about the iPhone? :confused: is this an instance of "thread crapping"? :confused: ;) :p

just ribbin' ya

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Don't be a ****. (just checking the obscenity filters ;) )

edit: ooo, look, it let me call oalvarez a ****! I've wanted to do that for a loooong time! :D

Edited edit: that probably wouldn't be good for a kid to see so I censored myself. You can say some pretty nasty stuff here, apparently ;)

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
BTW, I have heard from a friend at Apple that the next rev of the iPhone is coming for Xmas. That's as much as they would say, but the source is solid.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice