It's Official The Iphone Is A Dud!!!

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
The Curve is still a business oriented phone, not really a general public phone. The Pearl is cute enough like a regular phone to get people to jump on it. The Curve looks like an original but miniature curved BB. Of course as you know, I like it as the best of both worlds. But general public wants "hot" and that would mean the iPhone. Maybe the price is keeping people away. When you have cute phones for a lot less, what will most of the US public take? They really should have given a subsidy of $100-$200 at ATT IMO. $400 would have grabbed more people.

The curve is actually being marketed (along with the pearl) as a consumer oriented blackberry.

Until we know the numbers, I'm not so sure people are staying away from the iPhone. If 1 million units are sold by the end of september, I would say that is pretty good.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Still not so sure about that. For example, my AT&T rep tells me how great the Blackberry Curve has been selling. Outside of my office, I have never seen anybody using a curve.

It just hasn't been out that long.

I've seen more BB Curves than iPhones, that's for sure. At least a few dozen.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
You left becuase you got caught in your own mistatements (find that Jornada receipt yet?). Whatever projections you need to put on me is between you and a qualified therapist.

I may have walked by hundreds of people with iPhones in their pockets, just as I walk by thousands with other phones in their pocket. But still, people use thier phones and iPods quite a bit. I can't beleive it's just the "shy-pod" effect.

Steve already gave you the perfect device (for your needs), so why would he need to cut a check?

I had no misstatements. I left because you openly lied about your iPhone use. You lied about knowing anything about the iPhone browser. Just re-read the posts and you will see for somebody that claims to have used an iPhone extensively, you had no idea about its basic features. Its a big waste of time to continue posting in a thread where somebody claims they have significant knowledge of a device, when actual they have never really used one.

In addition, your iPhone sales updates (from the local mall), and your failed apple stock analysis became boring and pathetic. Looking at your posts from other threads, I see I am not alone about my feelings about you. You have become the thread killer. If anybody wants to begin a non MikeC thread, I will be more than happy to participate.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
The curve is actually being marketed (along with the pearl) as a consumer oriented blackberry.

Until we know the numbers, I'm not so sure people are staying away from the iPhone. If 1 million units are sold by the end of september, I would say that is pretty good.

1M by the end of Sept would be as expected.

10M by the end of 2008 would be as expected.

"Pretty good" is a relative term. No sure where that would fall in terms of a percentage of expectation.

Maybe "pretty good" would be 5.2M by Dec, and 12M in 2008, at least according to Goldman Sachs.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
1M by the end of Sept would be as expected.

10M by the end of 2008 would be as expected.

"Pretty good" is a relative term. No sure where that would fall in terms of a percentage of expectation.

It falls 100% in the expectations of Steve Jobs and the board of Apple. After all, it was Apple who set the 1 million sales goals for the year. I guess, who are they to set their own sales expectations, when you have a clearer higher knowledge of the area.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
I had no misstatements. I left because you openly lied about your iPhone use. You lied about knowing anything about the iPhone browser. Just re-read the posts and you will see for somebody that claims to have used an iPhone extensively, you had no idea about its basic features. Its a big waste of time to continue posting in a thread where somebody claims they have significant knowledge of a device, when actual they have never really used one.

In addition, your iPhone sales updates (from the local mall), and your failed apple stock analysis became boring and pathetic. Looking at your posts from other threads, I see I am not alone about my feelings about you. You have become the thread killer. If anybody wants to begin a non MikeC thread, I will be more than happy to participate.

Please do not start again with the lying accusations. It's tired. I've used an iPhone for a fair amount of time, and posted my views. Opinion != lie, as some have told you, but you just can't understand that. Only one person (other than you...or was it two?) debated my opinion (on the one-handed use), and even then, they agreed it's not not the easiet thing to to (my paraphrase).

You visciousness on this simple fact makes me wonder if _you_ have every used an iPhone.

I bet you are a real master debater on your high school team with that kind of reasoning.

By the way, please point to where I was doing "stock analysis" for Apple (again, a mistatement by you.) I may take about what others have said about iPhone forecasts, but I do not talk about stock performance (unless it was a general market comment).

As far as yor feeling about me ("from looking at other threads"), I'm glad you are finding solace in your irrational anger, but that means exactly zilch. Please go find your imaginary TC friends and show them your perfect iPhone.

I'm the thread killer? Because I call a spade a spade and ofer my opinion? I think it's people like you that a.) crap threads, b.) are forms of mild amusement, and c.) feel the needs for self importance in online forums.

Get out of the basement and get some fresh air.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
It falls 100% in the expectations of Steve Jobs and the board of Apple. After all, it was Apple who set the 1 million sales goals for the year. I guess, who are they to set their own sales expectations, when you have a clearer higher knowledge of the area.

Was the goal 1M units by the year or by end of Sept? I thought end of Sept.

I never claimed higher knowledge about anything, just opinion based on observation. Keep the venom coming; at some point, the sac will run dry.

Apple historically underestimates (severely sometimes) their numbers. This is their manipulation of the market (which I don't blame them; more companies should play it that way.) Under this perspective they should easily beat 1M by end of Sept, and it wouldn't be surprising if the actual number was twice that.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Please do not start again with the lying accusations. It's tired. I've used an iPhone for a fair amount of time, and posted my views. Opinion != lie, as some have told you, but you just can't understand that. Only one person (other than you...or was it two?) debated my opinion (on the one-handed use), and even then, they agreed it's not not the easiet thing to to (my paraphrase).

You visciousness on this simple fact makes me wonder if _you_ have every used an iPhone.

I bet you are a real master debater on your high school team with that kind of reasoning.

By the way, please point to where I was doing "stock analysis" for Apple (again, a mistatement by you.) I may take about what others have said about iPhone forecasts, but I do not talk about stock performance (unless it was a general market comment).

As far as yor feeling about me ("from looking at other threads"), I'm glad you are finding solace in your irrational anger, but that means exactly zilch. Please go find your imaginary TC friends and show them your perfect iPhone.

I'm the thread killer? Because I call a spade a spade and ofer my opinion? I think it's people like you that a.) crap threads, b.) are forms of mild amusement, and c.) feel the needs for self importance in online forums.

Get out of the basement and get some fresh air.

Opinion != lie is correct. However, you didn't have basic knowledge of the things that you were even posting on. Your posts on the iPhone browser are a perfect example. I have no idea what your motivation is for claiming you have "extensive" experience and "39+ hours of testing", when you have a clear lack of knowledge about basic iPhone features. Perhaps you have some type of disorder.

I also have no desire on polluting another thread on going back and forth with you. As somebody just reminded me with a PM, I guess I should either ignore your attacks or just put you on my hide list. You have that affect on people I guess.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site

And again "pretty good" lies somewhere up the chains, not at the expected level.

100% is expected or, on target. "Pretty good" would be well above than, again, depending on your definition. "pretty good" is in the eye of the beholder, hence my reference to something concrete like a percentage.

I know, I know, all that "math and numbers" stuff is so lame....

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Opinion != lie is correct. However, you didn't have basic knowledge of the things that you were even posting on. Your posts on the iPhone browser are a perfect example. I have no idea what your motivation is for claiming you have "extensive" experience and "39+ hours of testing", when you have a clear lack of knowledge about basic iPhone features. Perhaps you have some type of disorder.

I also have no desire on polluting another thread on going back and forth with you. As somebody just reminded me with a PM, I guess I should either ignore your attacks or just put you on my hide list. You have that affect on people I guess.

I suppose the only disorder I have is "don't-put-up-with-the-tardanic-posting-of-irrational-people" syndrome.

It really doesn't matter if you believe me...that is your perogative. But to keep claiming I'm lying 9even when the facts directly contradict that), is, in a word, sad.

If you have no interest in "polluting" a thread, then keep your mistatements to yourself. There's no free lunch, despite your attempts.

I think you start the attacks; sorry if someone finsihes them for you. Yes, the ignore option is very handy.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
It really doesn't matter if you believe me...that is your perogative. But to keep claiming I'm lying 9even when the facts directly contradict that), is, in a word, sad.

Thats the problem. Your own posts support the idea you have no knowledge about basic iPhone features. Anybody that has spent "39+" hours would know the things that you clearly do not. Therefore, its easy to assume that you didn't use an iPhone as extensively as you claimed, and you need to get some type of help for your problems. I have no idea what would prompt somebody to lie about using a device to promote their own opinions on a message board.

As always, I will give you the last word on the matter, as I grow bored of you again. I'm sure you will add something witty.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site

It is but I've seen it. It looks like the older BB, just cuter and smaller. Full QWERTY keyboards seem to equal business phones in most people's minds. In the meantime, Pearls are EVERYWHERE!

And only ONE iPhone at a festival with LOTS of people this past weekend. Tells me something.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
It is but I've seen it. It looks like the older BB, just cuter and smaller. Full QWERTY keyboards seem to equal business phones in most people's minds. In the meantime, Pearls are EVERYWHERE!

And only ONE iPhone at a festival with LOTS of people this past weekend. Tells me something.

I agree, I see alot of Pearls. I guess we will know in a few months if jobs was right.

I never see a windows mobile device (besides maybe a treo), though MS claims there have been millions sold.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Almost everyone here who has WM has Blackjacks, Qs and Dashes. I have seen the 8525 but not as many as the other 3. I have seen 8125s also. But it looks like the slim design of the WM Standard phones is appealing. I'd think people would prefer the full version of WM, but due to the design, many take the slimmer phones.

OT but I prefer not to ask in the anti-iPhone thread, but does iTunes now work well with Vista? I'm still looking into getting it.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Almost everyone here who has WM has Blackjacks, Qs and Dashes. I have seen the 8525 but not as many as the other 3. I have seen 8125s also. But it looks like the slim design of the WM Standard phones is appealing. I'd think people would prefer the full version of WM, but due to the design, many take the slimmer phones.

OT but I prefer not to ask in the anti-iPhone thread, but does iTunes now work well with Vista? I'm still looking into getting it.

I have Vista on my laptop (the machine I use to sync my iPhone with). I don't have any real problems with it, except every now and then I have to click on a link twice in the itunes music store.

I'm not a fan of Vista though.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Hardly anyone here recommended Vista wholeheartedly in the thread where I asked for opinions on whether to upgrade or not, even Windows users. :shake: It doesn't look good for Vista either, LOL! It's unpopular on CNET too. Is it going to be a flop or a success? maybe after a service pack, people will like it better.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Thats the problem. Your own posts support the idea you have no knowledge about basic iPhone features. Anybody that has spent "39+" hours would know the things that you clearly do not. Therefore, its easy to assume that you didn't use an iPhone as extensively as you claimed, and you need to get some type of help for your problems. I have no idea what would prompt somebody to lie about using a device to promote their own opinions on a message board.

As always, I will give you the last word on the matter, as I grow bored of you again. I'm sure you will add something witty.

Again, despite your derailing of the topic, it comes down to the issue of one-handed use. Sorry, you can't get around the point that is is not easy to use the device one-handedly given the design and gesture-based interface.

I'm not saying this is right or wrong, just the way it is. You are hellbent on disproving, for whatever reason.

I like how my use of the iPhone, since it isn't a wonderfully perfect match to your use, is somehow "no knowledge of the device". Your response is about the same as covering your ears and sing "lalalalalalalalalala".

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Hardly anyone here recommended Vista wholeheartedly in the thread where I asked for opinions on whether to upgrade or not, even Windows users. :shake: It doesn't look good for Vista either, LOL! It's unpopular on CNET too. Is it going to be a flop or a success? maybe after a service pack, people will like it better.

Actually, I think Vista is actually pretty darn good. The benefits outweigh any issues, as least for what I do. (Heavy email, office, web, VMs, media, etc.)

iTunes is a quirky beast on any platform (except Mac, of course). You'd think Apple would make it simpler instead of more complex, but noooooooooo.

But until something better comes along, it will still be on top.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site

Vista runs poorly on my laptop, the added security features is one big pain, and it just seems sluggish. I miss Windows XP. Doesn't really matter though, it will be on 90% of the worlds computers in a few years.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2