Do Google documents work with Safari?

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
Not sure, but given how chummy google and apple seem to be lately, i'd guess if they don't work now, they will work shortly.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
That would be nice. Of course having copy/paste would king of be helpful for this, so that they don't have that maybe it won't show up beyond some 'reader' functionality.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
Red herring, that is. Copy/paste would work fine without any support from the iphone os, since it would be handled in javascript. (That is, copying/pasting within the google docs system would work as long as the page works. you could not, of course, copy/paste to other iphone applications without OS support).

The interface would be sort of a challenge, though, as the web browser hides a lot of events. (The main issue would be to define an interface to allow selections, since iphone safari merges buttondown and buttonup). Would have to do something lame like touch the start of the selection, then press a "extend selection" button and touch the end of the selection. Very 1980's.

Since the rumor is that os-wide copy/paste is supposedly coming when the file browser comes, presumably they'll either unmerge the events or add some sort of "select" gesture in the future.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Red herring, that is. Copy/paste would work fine without any support from the iphone os, since it would be handled in javascript. (That is, copying/pasting within the google docs system would work as long as the page works. you could not, of course, copy/paste to other iphone applications without OS support).

The interface would be sort of a challenge, though, as the web browser hides a lot of events. (The main issue would be to define an interface to allow selections, since iphone safari merges buttondown and buttonup). Would have to do something lame like touch the start of the selection, then press a "extend selection" button and touch the end of the selection. Very 1980's.

Since the rumor is that os-wide copy/paste is supposedly coming when the file browser comes, presumably they'll either unmerge the events or add some sort of "select" gesture in the future.

Yeah, I hope the file browser is real. I love Apple's Finder and that would be awesome to have on the iPhone.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
I don't care if it looks pretty as long as I can hook it up to a pc and either via explorer/finder or itunes drag files onto it for viewing. It also opens up iphone to a bunch of websites that use file browsers to upload or save stuff, allows emails with multiple photo attachments, etc.

This is such a huge functionality that I really wish they had put it on there, even if it was ugly, rather than waiting.

LightRoom

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
GoDocs v2.0.0

[Pre-release] GoDocs v2.0.0 - The ultimate solution for google docs on the iPhone/iPad

ww w.youtube.com/watch?v=fCAyO9uodNo

P.S. sorry for this URL with a break, but we are new in this forum and can't using links now

Last edited: