iLife after Palm...

stadanko#WN

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Former Palm Fanboi here.... No more.
Had the 600 / 650 / 700p. Support from Palm on the Verizon 700p has been nonexistant There hasn't been any at all.

As a result, I'll never spend another dollar on a Palm product again.

iPhone has been great since I picked it up. Not one reboot. All my calls seems to get through. No lockups, lag etc... Bluetooth in the Mercedes works great and even pushes my address book over to the car (unlike the Treo).

I can't believe that I put up with the Treo and their BS for so long. They basically strung all of us along for a year with the 700p blaming everybody but themselves.

Looking forward working with a product that is packaged to be supported by the developer as opposed to what we've come to expect from Palm.

My goal is to tell one person of Palm's disgusting support for the 700p for each reboot, lag out, lockup that I experienced. Hopefully they'll tell their friends... and so on and so on... I'm confident that I have personally talked at least 20 people out of buying a Palm Handset in the last two months. Makes me feel better for spending over $2000 on software, accessories etc on Palm.

People ask me "Is that the Treo? or Is that the Palm?" My reply is yeah... "It's a piece of **** ! Stay away. Better off with some tin cans and string."

Pay it forward I say ! Back at ya Palm ! Thanks for the memories !

Hello Apple !

tortilla

Jul 4, 2007
Visit site
Call me crazy, but I feel that Apple will release some apps via iTunes store. Especially important is a secure password app. Think of the revenues ;)

This is the only app I miss from my Treo. I'll be in line with my credit card if Apple or a 3rd party in the future can come out with an elegant version. To be honest I had SplashID and although it did its job, it didn't have a great interface.

Bri,

I'm a convert to Apple too. I'm on my second one with the MacBook Pro which I think I'm in love with. If you need any help with anything, feel free to ask me.

One place I like to browse is www.iusethis.com. I have discovered a lot of cool apps there.

Also take a look at Quicksilver, it's kind of like a program launcher but it does so much more...http://quicksilver.blacktree.com/. The learning curve is somewhat steep, but it's like an extension of my brain on my mac. You can find tutorials here: http://theappleblog.com/2006/02/14/quicksilver-tutorials-round-up/

ME:
Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> iPhone

naftalim

Nov 30, 2004
Visit site
Treo 750v owner here, Palmie since 1999. I am seriously considering the iPhone once it comes to Canada. One app I do like on the PDAs other than the iPhone is a NewsReader (Newsbreak is what I use) Is there/will there be such an app for iPhone? I assume with all the interest for this device, somone will come up with something.

bcaslis#IM

Jun 18, 2002
caslis.com
I'm not familiar with newsreader, I'm guessing that it's RSS newfeeds? There isn't anything like that yet, but you can set a bunch of bookmarks to RSS feeds, and when you click the bookmark you get a display just like that in Safari on a Mac or PC.

Treo 750v owner here, Palmie since 1999. I am seriously considering the iPhone once it comes to Canada. One app I do like on the PDAs other than the iPhone is a NewsReader (Newsbreak is what I use) Is there/will there be such an app for iPhone? I assume with all the interest for this device, somone will come up with something.

Treo Rat

Aug 20, 2002
edgarces.com
I just placed my iPhone order online tonight. Didn't make it as Number 42 (out of over 100 people) at the AT&T Store line at iLaunch Day. The lousy At&T store had only 20 units! All the new iPhone owners that I have talked to during the past 5 days were Treo owners, many of them don't even have third party apps. When I showed them what I had on my T650 they were amazed specially the Pocket Tunes, Kinoma, and Voice Recorder. Nonetheless they are all simply in awe about the iPhone and I will be soon as well.

I think I got my money's worth with my Treo 650 as I used it a lot in my business. Lately the camera is about to quit I think so I'm ready for a new phone. Very soon it will just serve as my backup phone. I was so relieved that I could remove the iPhone sim card and transfer it to my Cingular Treo in case I have to send the iPhone for repair/replacement.

I will miss my Treo for some third party apps that will not be in the iPhone (for now anyway) - SplashID, MVoice, Bible Reader, and Klondike:) I also have other apps that I wasted money on cuz I got tired of them and some actually caused some resets.

People complain about the $600 price but it's not really that bad compared to my previous Treo's. My Visor Prism with the Visorphone was about the same price. I also paid $400 for my Treo 650 and spent immediately more than $200 for third party software and SD cards.

Bri Guy

Apr 26, 2006
Visit site
This is the only app I miss from my Treo. I'll be in line with my credit card if Apple or a 3rd party in the future can come out with an elegant version. To be honest I had SplashID and although it did its job, it didn't have a great interface.

Bri,

I'm a convert to Apple too. I'm on my second one with the MacBook Pro which I think I'm in love with. If you need any help with anything, feel free to ask me.

One place I like to browse is www.iusethis.com. I have discovered a lot of cool apps there.

Also take a look at Quicksilver, it's kind of like a program launcher but it does so much more...http://quicksilver.blacktree.com/. The learning curve is somewhat steep, but it's like an extension of my brain on my mac. You can find tutorials here: http://theappleblog.com/2006/02/14/quicksilver-tutorials-round-up/

ME:
Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> iPhone

Thanks, Tortilla! I'll check out those links you provided! Apple users are a very helpful community indeed! I'm loving my MacBook Pro also (15"). I'm still loving my iPhone, more and more. Ran into a guy transferring data from his old flip-phone to his iPhone just yesterday at the club pool I take my family to. We instantly started geeking out about our iPhones, it was hilarious. Amazing how an iPhone creates an instant bond with a total stranger --- I'm sure due to a common sense of relief that FINALLY we have a product that is well-supported, high-quality, simple, and just does what we want it to do with an innovative interface that, so far, is crash-free!