Played with one, and there are some shortcomings

adjmcloon#IM

Aug 29, 2005
Visit site
But you know what, Apple got a lot right with the Iphone.

Sure, you can't assign categories to calendar items (at least that I could find), you'll have to ship it back in a year to get the battery replaced, AT&T's network is crap, you can't send picturemail yet, yadda yadda. I'm sure you've read the things Apple did wrong.

The interface is gorgeous though. I love it as much as I loved Palm's back in early 90's when I bought my first PDA. The screen is bright and very colorful, and for the most part it is a very, very slick device.

I'll say this; version 2 or 3 of the Iphone is going to be something very special if they keep improving it (which they will). Palm better get on the ball because in many ways my 700p feels very dated now. :( Sure, it's still a more powerful overall smartphone (no copy and paste Apple? WTF?) but in many ways the Iphone is superior.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site

Sure, you can't assign categories to calendar items (at least that I could find), you'll have to ship it back in a year to get the battery replaced, AT&T's network is crap, you can't send picturemail yet, yadda yadda. I'm sure you've read the things Apple did wrong.

The interface is gorgeous though. I love it as much as I loved Palm's back in early 90's when I bought my first PDA. The screen is bright and very colorful, and for the most part it is a very, very slick device.

I'll say this; version 2 or 3 of the Iphone is going to be something very special if they keep improving it (which they will). Palm better get on the ball because in many ways my 700p feels very dated now. :( Sure, it's still a more powerful overall smartphone (no copy and paste Apple? WTF?) but in many ways the Iphone is superior.

No copy/paste, etc?

Inexcusable.

simba

Jan 19, 2005
Visit site
Went to the Apple store and played with one...my nails aren't very long but I had a difficult time with the keyboard. :hmm: Maybe I'll get used to it or maybe it gets used to me!? It does have a nice screen and when browsing and scrolling, the page redraws - oh well. I had to use my thumbs on each hand to enlarge the screen - had a difficult time using the one hand way. Unless I cut my nails very short, it should work (the guys had no problem). It doesn't have an SD card slot but uses a SIM card - you have to use a paperclip tip to eject the card slot (it's on the top of the phone). I didn't try it to see how it works. That was it. Oh, it's locked.

It was busy at the store with everyone wanting to "touch and feel" this new toy. I wanted to place a call to hear the sound quality and also try the BT. Maybe next time I'm in the store. It's nice and thin and cool looking. Just a pain with the keyboard.

JustLeft

Sep 11, 2004
Visit site
To quote from a movie (While You Were Sleeping) - It's like when I saw my first Trans Am! Now I'm dating myself.

JustLeft

Sep 11, 2004
Visit site
I could see where you would have problems with long nails and the keyboard. I have placed maybe 10 calls on mine and I can tell you that the call quality has been excellent. I was quite surprised as it was on par with the Verizon phones that I own.

I have a Jabra JX10 that I will be pairing with the iPhone - just haven't had a chance to do it yet. The volume on the speakerphone is disappointing. I hope there will be a fix for this at some point.

Went to the Apple store and played with one...my nails aren't very long but I had a difficult time with the keyboard. :hmm: Maybe I'll get used to it or maybe it gets used to me!? It does have a nice screen and when browsing and scrolling, the page redraws - oh well. I had to use my thumbs on each hand to enlarge the screen - had a difficult time using the one hand way. Unless I cut my nails very short, it should work (the guys had no problem). It doesn't have an SD card slot but uses a SIM card - you have to use a paperclip tip to eject the card slot (it's on the top of the phone). I didn't try it to see how it works. That was it. Oh, it's locked.

It was busy at the store with everyone wanting to "touch and feel" this new toy. I wanted to place a call to hear the sound quality and also try the BT. Maybe next time I'm in the store. It's nice and thin and cool looking. Just a pain with the keyboard.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods