10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
oliie

ollie,

If I needed lip from you, I'd scrape it off my zipper.

I never made any comments about the Pearl. If you are going to lie, at least make it a good one.

That utility belt must be getting heavy carrying around 3 large phones.

Laughter is the best medicine. I've been pretty sick of your inane posts, but the humor of you and and mobileman falling over each other to cream about the iPhone keeps me smiling.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
mobileman,

The shoe fits...

I have no idea how many resets you have had, and don't really care.

I never claimed to have an iPhone (that is your lie).

I have used one quite a bit, however.

Ok wierdo,

1. The shoe fits because I like the iPhone? So everbody that likes the iPhone is an iPologist (another cleaver name by you. Along with surfer and sand)

2. Not sure about that, don't have time to check all your threads (but if you say so). You have definitely said you have used an iPhone alot. Please explain. Do you mean you went to an Apple store and played around with one? (when your not interviewing the apple staff about iPhone sales)

Its strange that I'm being attacked because I actually like the iPhone. It fits my needs very well. I am very satisfied. If Apple can find away to make the product better by releasing a software update, then thats great. However, I'm hard pressed to find anything I have to have at the moment that the iPhone doesnt all ready have.

Yes folks, I am an apple apologist because my iPhone doesnt need resets, I prefer actual websites to rss, I dont really need 3rd party apps, I don't use mms, Imap email is fine for me, my safari does not crash often, really like the soft keyboard, an love the high-res. screen.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Its strange that I'm being attacked because I actually like the iPhone. It fits my needs very well. I am very satisfied. If Apple can find away to make the product better by releasing a software update, then thats great. However, I'm hard pressed to find anything I have to have at the moment that the iPhone doesnt all ready have.

Yes folks, I am an apple apologist because my iPhone doesnt need resets, I prefer actual websites to rss, I dont really need 3rd party apps, I don't use mms, Imap email is fine for me, my safari does not crash often, really like the soft keyboard, an love the high-res. screen.

Yet the iPhone has so little. Why do you deny your requirements are low?

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
BTW, thanks to the iPologists for making this the most viewed thread ever in the Other Handhelds section, with more than 30 000 views.

Surur

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
BTW, thanks to the iPologists for making this the most viewed thread ever in the Other Handhelds section, with more than 30 000 views.
I've been watching that too - just under 1,000 views per day since you started this thread. It coudn't have been done if it weren't for all the iPhone victims taking exception to every post you documented.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
I really pity the iPhone users who left more capable devices and got an iPhone for a trouble-free experience, and then had this happen to them...

- - iPhone Glitch with pics, interesting.

erandall38 08-06-2007 12:33 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

iPhone Glitch with pics, interesting.

1 Attachment(s)
Why is my iPhone having so many problems. Sometimes when I turn it on from lock or sleep it does weird things like this. When I open it up there is weird things that happen too such as the whole bottom bar will be gone (phone, safari, mail, ipod) Only those apps are gone but the silver bar is there and it is just blank. When I answer phone calls weird things happen as well, glitches like this. I restored the phone and it still does this. It is my 4th one and my 2nd SIM card.
Any ideas on what I should do?
Deal with it, restore it more, take it in??
It is past the 14 days I don't really want to get a rental for cost and wait for mine to get back.

By the way I have not hacked it in any way.

Aperture 08-06-2007 12:39 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can it be easily reproduced? If you took it into an Apple Store could you show them or does it not happen very often? That may play a hand in whether it would be worth it to take it in.

I also have had a problem with it when I wake it up. I will see the usual drag your finger screen, but there is tons of gibberish, random characters, spread out over the page.

yayaba 08-06-2007 12:40 AM

It's your fourth iPhone?? That's weird. My first one had broken Wifi so I had to return it but my second one is just fine. No glitches or anything.

If you're getting the same glitches it might be the way you use it. If that's the case that's definitely a software issue.

erandall38 08-06-2007 12:43 AM

Lately it has been happening every day... more than once a day, but different things. Sometimes the whole screen is locked up so I can lock it but the touch screen seems deactivated so no apps can be opened, but I can slide to unlock it.

iBookG4user 08-06-2007 12:57 AM

So you have or haven't restored it? And does shutting the phone off and turning it back on fix it for a while or not?

erandall38 08-06-2007 01:00 AM

I have restored it a couple times... well every time that it happens I have restored it.
Right now, picture above, the unlock button will not work, that is the first time it has not worked while a glitch is happening.
Turning it off or a soft reset, using the home button and top button at the same time, usually works. But I don't think I should have to do that every day.

Edit: Thanks for the replies!!

erandall38 08-06-2007 01:06 AM

Some other things to add:

When going from Apps back to home or vice versa it sure is slow and choppy. Sometimes the top bar with Att and the battery will go first(it changes from grey to black) then the rest of the screen. Overall it is just a little bit more slow, choppy, and less snappy. I remember seeing a few users say they had a snappier interface, although I would not expect this, I would not think the opposite would happen.

Man I am so BUMMED!!!!
I am one unlucky guy when it comes to Apple products from iPhones to Macs to iPods... if you only new haha.

kdarling 08-06-2007 07:17 AM

Do you own a case?

One thing that people have found, is that cases with those super-magnetic snaps, totally screw up the iPhone.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=337832

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Or this experience...

- - a few iphone glitches

macduke 08-06-2007 03:23 AM

a few iphone glitches

when streaming audio from seeqpod, the quicktime player sometimes when switched from horizontal to vertical the play controls at the bottom get duped halfway up the screen and freeze it up.

another glitch, when taking a picture, i have had the motion viewfinder before you take the picture do a split screen, not too much different then a video effect in photobooth. is this a hidden feature?

i've also had weather and pictures get stuck halfway when sliding, but this isn't a big deal because you can unstick them with your finger.

when deleting emails, if i delete a few in a row, the email freezes up for 7-10 seconds and i cant push anything at all and have to wait. it keeps doing it for each email i delete after that with a pause, unless i wait a long while or exit and come back in.

i've had a few problems with the accelerometer being able to tell when my camera is taking a picture in landscape or portait. example, my girlfriend took a picture of me in front of top thrill dragster roller coaster in sandusky, oh in portait orientation. it was also looking up rather steep since the coaster is behind me. problem is, every time i go to rotate the screen to see it since it shows up as landscape it rotates it so its still sideways, so you have to turn your head sideways to see it straight. it frustrates me because its my favorite pic of that little trip and lots of people have been looking through my camera roll and complain about it.

i think when you get a new text message, and go to click on the icon, it shouldnt open your last text message but open the new one.

i have two inboxes setup, one gmail, and one through my school's email. it drove me crazy because i couldnt get the number 2 off my icon, then i realized there was mail in my other inbox. when you go into mail, it should tell you you have mail in your other inbox as well, even if its not default.

i have had lots of random numbers on the internet turn into links because it thinks they are phone numbers. i have accidently clicked on them many times and it starts to call some random number. one time in particular was a newegg order confirmation email. it had the order number and it was a link. i thought it would bring up the tracking info from ups, but it tried to call it instead. dumb!!

sorry i don't have pics of these, most all of these serious bugs like the first few i listed happened when i was out and about and didn't have my digital rebel xt handy. the rest may have already been talked about. i also had a motion issue, but its funny. i took a picture of my friend driving as we were going down the highway, and only the background is all warped and distorted, he looks normal?? its like the imaging processor is tearing because it does some sort of sideways scan of the picture that is delayed as it is fed into memory. dont know if they can fix that with software update or not. interesting...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=337849

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
At least you can count on that wonderful Apple customer care... or can you?

- - The Nexus of Substandard Quality Control and Disrespectful Customer Service

Animaniac 07-23-2007 06:11 PM

The Nexus of Substandard Quality Control and Disrespectful Customer Service

I'm posting to get my story out there. Given that there appears to be systemic poor treatment, I'm sure there are others out there who have had to deal with similarly disappointing service from Apple.

I purchased an iPhone on June 29. I absolutely loved the device. That is until I had to deal with Apple's substandard quality control and disrespectful customer service. After two weeks of use, I discovered air bubbles inside the screen. Clearly this is not a damage I could have caused, and I thought, "No problem, I'll just take it back." Little did I know that it wasn't going to be that easy.

I took the phone to a local Apple Store and showed them the defect. The mac genius saw the damage and was happy to replace it for me. I thought, "Sweet! This was easy." It was too easy. They opened a new replacement in front of me, and there were a number of scratches on the chrome. I expressed my disappointment, and the mac genius agreed that the damage was significant but he was not able to replace it with an undamaged phone. The scartches was "within spec." Really? For $600, I get a scratched up iPhone? Since when is a damaged product sold as new at Apple? Since when is a customer, a lifelong Apple customer, essentially told to "suck it up?"

I asked to speak with a manager and he comes over and hopes to get me to leave by being aggressive and intimidating. He says he doesn't see any damages, even though the scuffs are as plain as day. This is simply insulting to my intelligence. It shows a complete lack of respect for the customer. This iPhone may have come out of a new box, but it was clearly manhandled. I am told that all that can be done for me is to offer me a refund. So it comes to that? Instead of giving me an iPhone that meets a sensible quality standard, Apple would rather not have my business.

A week after returning the phone, the bad taste left in my mouth was still fresh, but I began to think that my awful experience at this particular Apple Store was just a fluke. Surely I would be valued as a customer at another Apple Store. With high hopes, I purchased a new iPhone at a different store. I still held my high expectations of Apple product quality, and I believed that I would be happy with my purchase. Again, I was wrong. As I take the phone out of the box, I accidentally hit the sleep/wake button bringing the iPhone screen to life. Before focusing on anything else on the screen, there stared at me a bright, green dead pixel. I usually don't mind a dead pixel, but this was like a pulsating, oozing zit on the screen. I think we would all agree that the screen is the most important part of iPhone. After paying $600, I'm not going to live with a defect in the primary component.

I had no choice but to take the phone back to the Apple store and hope that Apple would see to my satisfaction as a customer. The mac genius at this store hemmed and hawed about this being an issue. Again, since when does Apple decide what should make me, the customer, happy? Where's the spirit of customer service? Eventually the mac genius speaks to his manager. They "make an exception" for me and agree to replace it. I'm relieved and begin to again think that Apple is has high quality control, my experience is a statistical outlier. iPhone number four couldn't possibly have any issues!

Well, as you might have guessed, iPhone #4 was defective as well. This phone had the worst case of washed colors and white-dots. Even in the bright daylight of the Apple Store and the screen set at the default 50% brightness, the dots were clearly visible. This time, the mac genius clearly wants me to just leave, and he tells me that he doesn't see anything. That was a flat out lie. Again, thanks for caring what the customer thinks! Thanks for showing that you value my business! After pushing him further, I get to speak to the manager. This time she says that I either have to take the phone with the glaringly bright dead pixel or the phone with the white dots and poor colors. Since when is the customer, paying the full $600 for a phone, given an either-or choice between two defective models? Unbelievable. I wouldn't back down, and the manager then compared her iPhone with the one displaying white dots. The dots were obvious, but she claimed that she doesn't see a thing! She tells me that all LCDs are imperfect. What? Is this 1997 or 2007? I can get a perfectly pristine LCD monitor from Dell for the price of an iPhone!

It ends the same way. I'm told that I can get a refund. Apple would rather reject my money than allow me to purchase a defect-less iPhone. How arrogant could a company be? Does Apple no longer value customer service? It looks like Apple would rather lose business than provide a quality controlled product. Apple would rather disrespect an early-adopting customer than ensure his satisfaction. I've never seen such an egregious display of anti-customer behavior. Even Dell provides better quality control AND customer care! Imagine that! There's no reason for four phones in a row to be defective. There's no reason Apple costumer support should treat me with contempt! What's worse is that they simply don't care. Apple customer service is instructed to say that it's all "within spec." Well, Apple, if you're going to tell me to "**** off!" then back at ya. **** off, Apple. ****. OFF.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=333107

Surur

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
I really pity the iPhone users who left more capable devices and got an iPhone for a trouble-free experience, and then had this happen to them...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=337832

Surur[/QUOTE

Please tell me what more capable device you are talking about. Is it your HTC touch that also has no 3g, has a slow processor, no usable keyboard, and a low resolution screen?

Maybe its your htc universal, a huge clam shell device, with no external screen. Perhaps the most unfriendly phone ever made?

Maybe its Mal's 700wx. A bulky treo with a 240x240 screen with a large top and bottom toolbar that takes up a good portion of the screen?

Maybe its Ollies new mogul, he seems to really like that?

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
For this guy's sake I hope he does not have to return his device then. Anyone else note the iPhone seem to get buggier the older they get?

- - iPhone sound just broke

dagger55 08-06-2007 02:43 AM

iPhone sound just broke

so my iPhone sound just crapped out...

Here is what my symptoms are

ringtones work.

external speaker phone works

no sound effects work (keyboard clicking, new text, new email, etc)

no external iPod music.

no internal speaker while making call

anyone seen this?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=337842

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Please tell me what more capable device you are talking about. Is it your HTC touch that also has no 3g, has a slow processor, no usable keyboard, and a low resolution screen?

Maybe its your htc universal, a huge clam shell device, with no external screen. Perhaps the most unfriendly phone ever made?

Maybe its Mal's 700wx. A bulky treo with a 240x240 device with a large top and bottom toolbar that takes up a good portion of the screen?

Maybe its Ollies new mogul, he seems to really like that?

You know, they are all more capable devices ... I believe they all have cut and paste...

Surur

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
You know, they are all more capable devices ... I believe they all have cut and paste...

Surur

cut and paste is important to you, but no usable keyboard, a low RES. Screen and slow processor is acceptable?

Cut and paste is important to you but having a phone that you need to use a bluetooth headset with caller id to be able to determine who is calling is acceptable?

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
cut and paste is important to you, but no usable keyboard, a low RES. Screen and slow processor is acceptable?

Cut and paste is important to you but having a phone that you need to use a bluetooth headset with caller id to be able to determine who is calling is acceptable?

As you know, cut and paste is just a trivial but telling example. As you also know, if we were to make a list of the capabilities of each device, the iPhone's would be rather short.

Surur

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
As you know, cut and paste is just a trivial but telling example. As you also know, if we were to make a list of the capabilities of each device, the iPhone's would be rather short.

Surur

i guess if we were making a list, your devices would come of short also. I guess it more important to find the device that best suites your own needs. For example, i could never use a device that was the size of a small laptop, and the user needed a bluetooth headset to practically see who was calling. But, you do have cut and paste.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
i guess if we were making a list, your devices would come of short also. I guess it more important to find the device that best suites your own needs. For example, i could never use a device that was the size of a small laptop, and the user needed a bluetooth headset to practically see who was calling. But, you do have cut and paste.

I'm sure if your needs are limited a fashion phone is quite suitable.

Surur

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
I'm sure if your needs are limited a fashion phone is quite suitable.

Surur

Where I'm sitting pal, your phone is a lot more limiting. When your phone is so big, you cant bring it with you when your wearing shorts, you know your phone has limitations.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Where I'm sitting pal, your phone is a lot more limiting. When your phone is so big, you cant bring it with you when your wearing shorts, you know your phone has limitations.

Not to mention it would spoil the line of your Armani shorts. I get it - "Style before function."

Maybe you should accessorize a bit more though. I understand the iPhone is a babe magnet - just think how cool it would be if you wear it on your belt. The girls would faint!!

maya-iphone-belt-buckle.jpg

Surur

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Not to mention it would spoil the line of your Armani shorts. I get it - "Style before function."Surur

Well, function to me means being able to carry it everywhere. How do you carry your universal, in a backpack? Needing a second "weekend phone" is not very functional. But hey, cut and paste works great for you.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Well, function to me means being able to carry it everywhere. How do you carry your universal, in a backpack? Needing a second "weekend phone" is not very functional. But hey, cut and paste works great for you.

I can actually carry my Universal anywhere I go, and did for 15 months. Now if you happen to be petite... it might not work for you.

Surur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro