10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
I would also question the relevance of a super high resolution screen on a cell phone or business orientated device.

Sure it "looks nice" (cool, sweet, etc.) and in general I'm okay if a device offers a high resolution screen, but at the end of the day most cell phones/smartphones do not need a high resolution screen.

Interesting, your posted this on another forum.....
I think the Kaiser is really a great device. The camera is fantastic and the specs are all there (could use a higher rez screen though).

You seem to wanted a higher res. screen here.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Thats one more than I want to use.

Never said they were unpopular, just not the most popular way to use a cellphone.

I think, in general, phones are getting bigger. There was a time when they were getting smaller, but with the multimedia impetus devices are now thinner, but larger. This has made bluetooth more popular again.

The iPhone is part of this trend, but the Nokia N95 is not exactly a small phone either, and neither is the LG Shine, Chocolate, MotoRzir etc.

Surur

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
I think, in general, phones are getting bigger. There was a time when they were getting smaller, but with the multimedia impetus devices are now thinner, but larger. This has made bluetooth more popular again.

The iPhone is part of this trend, but the Nokia N95 is not exactly a small phone either, and neither is the LG Shine, Chocolate, MotoRzir etc.

Surur
perhaps, but the universal is way beyond the acceptable size limit of a cell phone.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
perhaps, but the universal is way beyond the acceptable size limit of a cell phone.

In UK it was actually moderately popular, and if you were in a mall you stood a good chance seeing 2-3 (when being held up to the face they were pretty distinctive :) )

Surur

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
yep, spinning, derision, redirection....what you're all so good at. oh, and of course, hypocrisy.

You take everything way too seriously.

BTW, my latest toys are Legos :D My son is 5 so I'm playing legos constantly.

Why people can't deal with something they play with being called a toy is weird to me. My Treo is sometimes a toy, and sometimes a business device. I don't care if someone calls it a toy.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site

Why people can't deal with something they play with being called a toy is weird to me. My Treo is sometimes a toy, and sometimes a business device. I don't care if someone calls it a toy.

My Universal is a tool, my HTC Touch is a toy.

Surur

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site

yes, we take it all too seriously when you're joking and we're too lighthearted when your genuinely serious. funny how it works that way.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Built with no cooperation from Apple I might add. The iPhone will get 3rd party apps whether Apple wants them or not.

Surur

I don't really care how it gets opened up. When I was really last using OS X, there were tons of free or cheap apps that modified the machine so nicely in ways Apple definitely didn't support, and now that it has Terminal the thing really should be opening up wide. Get lots of apps on the platform and I'm probably switching when my 680 needs replacing. I have plenty of time now to follow the iPhone and see what it develops into (or what it fails to possibly). Honestly, it and Apple aren't perfect by a long shot, but the iPhone definitely looks like it will be one of the best handheld solutions in the long run. 1.0 might 'suck' in ways like this thread states and I'll definitely agree with that, but take 3rd party apps off there and to me it is the most compelling device seen yet, with great potential. I think this is big news for the iPhone, unless Apple stops it somehow (mandatory security update maybe).

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
I don't really care how it gets opened up. When I was really last using OS X, there were tons of free or cheap apps that modified the machine so nicely in ways Apple definitely didn't support, and now that it has Terminal the thing really should be opening up wide. Get lots of apps on the platform and I'm probably switching when my 680 needs replacing. I have plenty of time now to follow the iPhone and see what it develops into (or what it fails to possibly). Honestly, it and Apple aren't perfect by a long shot, but the iPhone definitely looks like it will be one of the best handheld solutions in the long run. 1.0 might 'suck' in ways like this thread states and I'll definitely agree with that, but take 3rd party apps off there and to me it is the most compelling device seen yet, with great potential. I think this is big news for the iPhone, unless Apple stops it somehow (mandatory security update maybe).

I wonder how you came to this conclusion. as:

1) as you mentioned Apple can close the gap at any time, breaking older apps, resulting in a persistent game of cat and mouse.
2) They have to reverse engineer everything, meaning development will be painful and slow.
3) due to not using a published API, the likelyhood of bugs are higher, and instability even more so.
4) It still has all the hardware deficiencies, such as no 3G or GPS, and lack of physical keys (for your emulations for example)
5) Few commercial vendors would want to build a business on a hacked OS, and this will limit the type and quality of software available

etc etc

I think your conclusion is a bit premature.

Surur

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
btw, all the little things like not being able to turn off the phone without disabling wifi, I'll bet most of those things can now get tweaked with something like TinkerTool for the iPhone. It's a whole new ballgame. New launcher maybe, new way to unlock, so many possibilities for multitouch I'm certain, now the creativity and ingenuity of regular users can be set loose. This is exciting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.