10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
I think we should start a pool for when the first iPhone update comes out....

And in the meantime, I'm getting to use my iPhone which I have very few problems or issues. Couldn't even imagine using another device with a lower rez screen, and poor UI ever again.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
I guess the bottom line is, you can release a device with glaring issues at a premium price, and then just fix them later (maybe), and the public will just accept it.

Here MikeC goes again, speaking for other people. I have no real glaring issues with my iPhone. If no patch was released, I can easily live with what I already got.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Here MikeC goes again, speaking for other people. I have no real glaring issues with my iPhone. If no patch was released, I can easily live with what I already got.

I was using the general you, not the specific you.

If no patch is ever released, you'll (mobileman) be happy with the iPhone? Wow, that is quite a statement - it must fit your needs perfectly (or close to it). You (mobileman) are also Apple's perfect customer.

I think there is an expectation (among the general population of iPhone users) that the iPhone willl be fixed/enhanced, etc. I'm basing this on forum posts (which, as I have said, are skewed, but still present issues.)

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
I was using the general you, not the specific you.

If no patch is ever released, you'll (mobileman) be happy with the iPhone? Wow, that is quite a statement - it must fit your needs perfectly (or close to it). You (mobileman) are also Apple's perfect customer.

I think there is an expectation (among the general population of iPhone users) that the iPhone willl be fixed/enhanced, etc. I'm basing this on forum posts (which, as I have said, are skewed, but still present issues.)

Dont need mms,
I have access to email, sms, and IM
by far best browser on the market
I can make phone calls.
Have all my songs loaded.

I really cant think of anything I have to have. Is that all right with you mikeC, or do you know my needs better than I do? I can really care less that your basing your opinion off of other peoples forum posts. I'm basing things off of my first hand experience.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Didn't you have a Curve? What did you do with it?

If you are talking to me, yes I still do have a curve sitting in my desk draw. I support all mobile devices for my company. I really like the curve. If I wasn't using the iPhone I would go back, as it is by far the best device at doing mobile email on the market. Reason I swtiched....

1. Once you see the awesome, large, hi-res screen, its very hard to go back.
2. Browsing the net was painful on the blackberry for anything but mobile sites.
3. I know you can load music on the curve, but its not a pleasant experience.
4. I found I can type a lot faster on the iPhone keyboard.
5. I text a lot, love the threaded messages.

On a side note, my company is giving serious consideration to dropping Windows Mobile support.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
You know, maybe mobileman is just lucky, or maybe problems are just around the corner (or maybe this guy is using the wrong 3rd party web pages :D)

- Is anyone else noticing that...
nickspohn 07-30-2007 01:43 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is anyone else noticing that...

Their iPhone seems to get slowly more buggy every day.

It's the case for mine. It started out fine for me. Other people were saying that they were having a few crashes, but i wasn't. Then all of a sudden, it starts to lock up, or crash.

It seems with each day that goes by, it gets worse and worse. Whether it be from just listening to music, using maps, using the browser, it always happens. I don't change anything either...

Hopefully Apple has the update released soon...they have had a month and hundreds of thousands of users give feedback.

megfilmworks 07-30-2007 01:45 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I turn my phone off at night. The clean restart every morning has kept mine running clean and fast.

applehero 07-30-2007 01:49 PM

I've only had 1 instance where it locked up in the phone app, restarted and it was fine. I leave it on all the time and I haven't had any problems other than the one.

gr8tfly 07-30-2007 01:57 PM

I can't say definitely, but I have a feeling it might be occurring more frequently.

I cleared Safari's cache, and it might have helped.

Google Maps crashed the first time, yesterday.

It's all very subtle, though.

I've restarted it a few times, for various reasons, but I haven't done a full restore.

If I did do a restore, it would take a while to get a feel for how often crashes are occurring. I think (hope?) an update would be out before enough time went by.

side note: none of the crashes have been anymore than a slight annoyance. I was able to pick up where I left off when the app restarted.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=335535

Surur

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Dont need mms,
I have access to email, sms, and IM
by far best browser on the market
I can make phone calls.
Have all my songs loaded.

I really cant think of anything I have to have. Is that all right with you mikeC, or do you know my needs better than I do? I can really care less that your basing your opinion off of other peoples forum posts. I'm basing things off of my first hand experience.

If you are happy, that's wonderful. Glad to hear it. Perfect for you out of the box

Never claimed to know your needs better than you....not sure why the hostile reply.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Luck with products can be a weird thing.

I had 3 MP3 players of the same brand and model go bad in one month and they should have been good, according to reviews(plus I liked them a lot). Got 3 exchanges from Best Buy and praying the 4th one works. Sometimes you get unlucky with one model, but others are the best for you.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
If you are happy, that's wonderful. Glad to hear it. Perfect for you out of the box

Never claimed to know your needs better than you....not sure why the hostile reply.

Everytime I disagree with you, you claim I'm giving you a "hostile reply". Maybe it's all in your head. Thanks for being happy for me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro