10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Is it my imagination, or are these problems getting worse as the device ages? Last week it was just apps crashing, now the whole device is locking up. At least a soft reset always fixes it...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=333839

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=333839

Surur

Wow, you mean Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Symbian and Palm dont have monopolies on phones that freeze? This is shocking news. I was totally expecting Apple to be the first phone maker ever that was able to have a device that never needs a reset.

treobk214

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
I start with a flamebait?

I "started" by responding to your post, where you say things like:

So we have "apple envy", " 'doze fanboys" and then you accuse me of psychoanalyzing (which was sarcasm, hence my reference to Jack as in JackNaylor).

But your post is not flamebaiting? Is it fact?

That's where it "started", so get your facts straight. Also

(1) How did I insult "some" Apple users?
(2) Who cares if I did? I didn't make any ad-hominem attacks. Are Apple users above critique? Are you their defender?
(3) Does posting something which you disagree count as flamebaiting? My we're sensitive.

Like I said, if you have a problem with my posts take it up with a Moderator and see if they agree with you. :thumbsup: Otherwise, blow.

I think by now, your constant responses to my posts are painting you as the stalker/flamebaiter, since you just can't let...it...go.

I thought you didn't read my posts?

Observation and comment. You should really take up the English language and comprehension. It would make serving those fries more exciting for ya.

The comment quoted above is what Im talking about. That was where it started, and then you jump onboard later. Get YOUR facts straight, Mal.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
some people buy Macs to show that they can afford them, just like the motivation behind buying lots of other high end products. And some are insecure that they made a bad deal and need to convince themselves and others that they didn't.

This wins the award for dumbest post of the day (outside anything MikeC posts ofcourse).

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Kind of strange how Macrumors has plenty of postive reviews of the Bluetooth headset, but you picked out this one. Come on Surur, I expect this from the types like MikeC, but I thought you were above this.

Actually there are many reviews saying it sucks. I just prefer forum postings.

Here's slashgear's review.

Apple Bluetooth Headset arrives - looks aren?t everything
Tuesday, Jul 24th 2007 by Chris Scott Barr

So Apple has finally gotten around to releasing their Bluetooth Headset for the iPhone. The iPhone has already been out for a month now, and I suspect that many people have already purchased a different headset. However, for those that have been waiting, or still on the fence about what headset to get, our own Vincent Nguyen has gotten himself one, and put it to the test.

First, it?s tiny. We all knew it was small, but it was much smaller than he expected. Not so small that it falls out of your ear mind you, just small. Pairing it up with the iPhone took no effort whatsoever, it just happened automatically.

Unfortunately, that?s when the honeymoon ended. During test calls to different individuals the sound quality was considered very poor, and he was quickly asked if he was talking on speakerphone. Also, a ?low level white noise? could also be heard throughout conversations.

Apple?s Bluetooth Headset definitely gets high marks for style and ease of use, however, the poor audio quality will likely be enough to sway most people away. Vincent will be conducting further tests in the coming days to give us the most thorough review possible.

Video: Unboxing the Apple iPhone Bluetooth Headset and hands-on review [via
http://www.slashgear.com/apple-bluetooth-headset-arrives-looks-arent-everything-246389.php

As usual, style over function.

Surur

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
I think you need to provide a little evidence if you want to state something as fact, rather than your opinion.

Here are the past eight years:

http://www.cxoadvisory.com/gurus/Cohen/

You offered her as an analyst who is right most of the time. Obviously, this is not true, although she may be "more right" (but still wrong) than her peers.

Samkin, be very careful when arguing facts about the stock market with MikeC. As evidence to his posts here, he has an immense knowledge on the subject. He even does his own field research by interviewing apple store employees about sales.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
I actually just received the bluetooth headset this afternoon. Other than it not quite being a comfortable fit, it seems fine to me. Much better than the jabra thing I had. Sounds fine. Integrates with the phone in interesting ways (volume controlled by phone, battery indicator appears on phone, pairs by placing in the combo dock - it even turns the bluetooth on the phone on if it was disabled when you stick them both in the dock together). Very light. I may still switch to jawbone for the ear loop, though.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Actually there are many reviews saying it sucks. I just prefer forum postings.

Here's slashgear's review.

http://www.slashgear.com/apple-bluetooth-headset-arrives-looks-arent-everything-246389.php

As usual, style over function.

Surur

Just two posts below the one you posted was a very positive review of the headset. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=333971 . Why didn't you mention this one? What is your criteria for posting links? Skip the positive ones and post the negative ones?

I really don't care, I hate all Bluetooth headsets.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
I actually just received the bluetooth headset this afternoon. Other than it not quite being a comfortable fit, it seems fine to me. Much better than the jabra thing I had. Sounds fine. Integrates with the phone in interesting ways (volume controlled by phone, battery indicator appears on phone, pairs by placing in the combo dock - it even turns the bluetooth on the phone on if it was disabled when you stick them both in the dock together). Very light. I may still switch to jawbone for the ear loop, though.

To counter this glowing review, here's another disappointed user.

- - Apple Bluetooth Headset-not so great

billyripkin 07-25-2007 10:12 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apple Bluetooth Headset-not so great

First off I love Apple but with this product they missed the mark. Maybe someone can offer some help but if anything is blocking the visual link between the bluetooth headset and iPhone it sounds like staticville. My old Logitech headset can be used pretty much anywhere in my 2 story townhome while my phone sits in the charger. With the Apple headset I get out of visual range and the signal starts to fade. Could Airport extreme or another wifi network be knocking it out? My old headset does not get affected by this so I am calling this product a $130 dud.

If I cant find a working solution for this I am returning it and hopefully not getting hit with a restocking fee. So sad since it is a really nice looking product not to mention the dock idea is excellent.:(

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=333994

Surur

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Let's all take a step back here folks. Does it not appear that the ones who are angriest with the iphone and most intent on instigating here are the windows crowd?

Regarding letting.... it.... go. Why haven't you taken your own advice? Seems all you guys do here is bash the iphone ALL day long and you talk about not being able to let... it... go?

Now the n-word comment? You just keep hanging yourself the more you talk.

This is priceless. Apple's arrogance has absolutely nothing on the windoze drones here.

The n-word....you know that "Newton" :)

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Actually that guy decided to post just to counter the growing groundswell of opinion that the headset... sucks.

Surur

Wow, you have an amazing ability to be able to figure out why people post opinions, and why they like or dislike something.

Who cares if its good or not. We really want to know how its selling. Lets send in MikeC to do his regular field research at apple stores.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
who predicted significantly higher numbers for the first 30 hours? Was it Apple? Your comments were a clear indication that you took AT&Ts activation numbers and turned the into a negative launch for apple. You can cry all you want now MikeC, but thats what you implied. Since Apple reported their numbers you have ofcourse distanced yourself from your earlier "fanboy" statements. I'm glad. I'm alot more interested in your first hand reporting from the mall.

30 hours is your construct. You keep having fun with it.

Obvious, the only clear indication was the 147K phone were activated.

I'm not crying at all; I'm glad they had an unprecidented launch. My stock broker does too.

I have not distanced myself at all; in fact, I even stepped closer by defining the sub-group, iPhoniacs. And I addressed every question posed, despite the fact a surfer was posing them.

You are angry at the world, no doubt. Rub one out - you'll feel better.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Wow, you mean Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Symbian and Palm dont have monopolies on phones that freeze? This is shocking news. I was totally expecting Apple to be the first phone maker ever that was able to have a device that never needs a reset.

So you are saying the iPhone is just like every other smartphone and needs to be reset regularly?

Typical iPhoniac behaviors...when the veneer wears off, just discount the issue.

The real question is not the freezes and resets, but how quickly Apple fixes issues.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Surfer, I have my facts straight. Whatever your problem, I think it's not with me.

You might think you have your facts straight, but they are of course wrong. I have no problems with you except your lack of knowledge on the subject you keep posting about. Hang 10 man.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Samkin, be very careful when arguing facts about the stock market with MikeC. As evidence to his posts here, he has an immense knowledge on the subject. He even does his own field research by interviewing apple store employees about sales.

I think samkin doesn't need your advice; he seems mature and able and communicate reasonably.

Insecure, surfer? Trying to make buddies?

Status
Not open for further replies.