10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
wow

Jack,
Chat is not blocked at a lot of businesses. Just because you company blocks it, it doesn't matter?

Maybe you company should block TC forum access, as you waste a lot of company time and resources here.

And the deli comparison, that was just plain retarded.

oalveraz still trolling? After he said he was leaving...oh, that's right, dishonest is his style, so I should not be surprised.

At least Archie knew when to move on.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
MikeC....do you troll? i see just about everyone's name in this thread littered throughout TreoCentral. c'mon now.

as far as retarded goes, you should really read some of your own stuff, it's superb. and now you label me dishonest. hey, i wouldn't expect anything more from you, how could anyone, it would be hard to.

nice try, Mikec

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
I currently carry 2 phones (both WM). One is for work and the other for personal use. I'm considering getting an iPhone since I'll still keep at least one WM phone that will have the functionallity I need. I know it's overpriced but I really like the iPhone's sleek look and browser. Jeez, if only the iPhone had WM guts it would be a no-brainer. What do you guys think?

Slingbox

Oct 27, 2006
Visit site
hey, whatever you say. after-all, that's all that matters to you.
no no no...oalvarez it shouldn't be that way.You are the king of TC and very well looked up to.You have started some outstanding threads I must say.
You care about about what everyone else thinks. You've been taking members down for a long time and it should never stop :)
Your the best troll around :bow: :bow: :bow:

Phil C

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
argument about "everyone else is doing it?" there you go again, switching it up while putting words in other's mouths.

Oh I'm sorry, did you not say:
most all of the posts have nothing to do with this thread. where have you been?
What pray tell does this mean if not "everyone else is doing it"? Yes, I did what is called a paraphrase. If you have another gloss of your statement or would like to mention the reason you wrote in the first place, I'm all ears.
"throwing this thread off?" oh yes, the original post/poster's comments were so full of insight and direction, so very thought provoking and the like. what a frickin joke.
Right, so your argument is this:

(1) Everyone else is off topic, therefore...
a. I can post elsewhere
b. thread crap

You consistently choose (1b) every time.

(2) This thread's topic is: Stupid/silly/not deep enough for me, therefore
a. I can post elsewhere
b. thread crap

You choose (2b) every time. Great arguments. Also nice how you stopped defending your dishonest question to Surur, which was nothing more than an attempt to flame.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: You're so above it all, aren't you?

This from the guy who professes his disdain for Palm and everything Treo, who supposedly owns an iPhone, who insistently posts here at Trecentral.com despite no one agreeing with him and who feigns shock that people here disagree with his "posts" which are as vacuous as his arguments...

Yes, the honorable oalvarez.

Now I cede the floor to Surur, to continue posting those great quotes from irritated iPhone users, so we may continue to gloat (and aggravate oalvarez).

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
Don't put words in my mouth. A person not caring enough about ringtones when he bought an iPhone that he still went ahead and bought it.....or didn't bring it back when he found out....is certainly not going to be upset that Apple will provide updates. Most vendors want to keep their customers happy and will do what is economically justifiable to keep them happy.

What I was saying is that just because the absence of ringtones is important to you and would affect your purchase decision, many people are not so interested in "fluff". We don't allow ringtones on business phones. We consider it disruptive and unprofessional. I welcome the policy, ... I have the same rule at home....my kids want long, loud, annoying things they can go find another roof to live under and annoy the begeezes outta those people.

Heck, I'd welcome alotta things on my 650....but I'm not running out to replace it cause those features are not not there. The POINT is I am still using it despite those things because their absence is not signiifcant enough to change my decision on what tool i want to use.

The question is not whether they care enough at all, it is whether they care enough not to buy ? Going back to the "deli wars"...

Surur: "Hey my deli now offers cole slaw free with ya sandwich, bet ya think ya deli sux now"

Jack: "Well I do like cole slaw but I ain't givin up better coldcuts, better bread and getting my sandwich in half the time to get it."

Surur: "Oh yeah, well some of your deli's customers are complainin and your deli owner said he gonna start offering cole slaw next week so even ya deli owner must think he sux"

Jack: "Well that's all fine and good, I'll take the free cole salw if and when it arrives but it is certainly not gonna matter one way or the other which deli I choose...... better coldcuts, better bread and waiting half the time is still the key to my purchase decision."

Aargh! Stop with the deli analogies already! If what you're saying makes sense there's no need to waste additional screen space with a meat lover's fantasy! :D

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
I currently carry 2 phones (both WM). One is for work and the other for personal use. I'm considering getting an iPhone since I'll still keep at least one WM phone that will have the functionallity I need. I know it's overpriced but I really like the iPhone's sleek look and browser. Jeez, if only the iPhone had WM guts it would be a no-brainer. What do you guys think?

Don't know about WM as my 680 uses POS..but what I'd like every smartphone to get is the quick transition between apps that the iPhone seems to have (and this is of course due to processor speed and RAM - we need upgrades from the current chips).

The Mobile OSX says it multitaks but that's really unnecessary imo on a phone - as long as the ransitions between apps are quick. And actually judging from some recent mac forum comments it really just stores the data in each app (i.e. suspends it) until you return to it (ppl have seen downloads and email fetching pause as they switch apps on the iPhone). POS does this already but depending on how complex the program is it can take 4 secs of white screen. SO improving the OS to get almost instantaneous transitions via better memory processing etc will do fine for me. Of course new snazzy graphics like Beryl/Compiz onb a treo won't hurt at all either, but I think the app-switching is more attracctive on the iPhone than the apps.

Anyway it still sucks in it's current locked & limited incarnation (just going back on topic you understand? :D)

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
The main reason to get the iPhone.

SuperQ said:
Homie222 said:
yeah i do ;]

but how would i go to get iphone working? cause ialready have a phone i just wanna add data plan so i can have internet

i saw activation video but i never saw how to pay just $20

also will iphone support all flash sites within the next month or 2?!@!@

there won't be any activation fee for you, and if you are like me and had AT&T internet and Home phone, then adding a cell phone is easy, and will actually get you a discount!

also on being woth it, you may consider this...right now the IPhone is at an all time high for WOW factor. EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE wants to see it when I have mine on. Total strangers stop me and ask about it. I haven't gotten this much attention over a phone since my old I95 limited...now there was an attention getting phone! Modded up with matching lightup battery and custome mp3 ringtones, man it was a lady catcher! BUT the IPhone has surpased even that!! So if you like being the new guy with the latest gadgets, and love the attention, then that is just another reason to get the IPhone.
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1205403

:D :D :D

Surur

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
MikeC....do you troll? i see just about everyone's name in this thread littered throughout TreoCentral. c'mon now.

as far as retarded goes, you should really read some of your own stuff, it's superb. and now you label me dishonest. hey, i wouldn't expect anything more from you, how could anyone, it would be hard to.

nice try, Mikec

Ollie,

I think the majority of active people in this thead have made up thier minds on your posts....and again, you said you were leaving. Now you come back, to troll-e-o-e-o. Dishonest in your intentions.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Don't know about WM as my 680 uses POS..but what I'd like every smartphone to get is the quick transition between apps that the iPhone seems to have (and this is of course due to processor speed and RAM - we need upgrades from the current chips).

The Mobile OSX says it multitaks but that's really unnecessary imo on a phone - as long as the ransitions between apps are quick. And actually judging from some recent mac forum comments it really just stores the data in each app (i.e. suspends it) until you return to it (ppl have seen downloads and email fetching pause as they switch apps on the iPhone). POS does this already but depending on how complex the program is it can take 4 secs of white screen. SO improving the OS to get almost instantaneous transitions via better memory processing etc will do fine for me. Of course new snazzy graphics like Beryl/Compiz onb a treo won't hurt at all either, but I think the app-switching is more attracctive on the iPhone than the apps.

Anyway it still sucks in it's current locked & limited incarnation (just going back on topic you understand? :D)

Actually, multitasking is pretty important. I regulars sync via BT and simultaneously have phone calls or data sesssion where I am updating my contacts/calendar/tasks/etc. The background syncing is huge, because I save a lot of time not having to end my communication session (voice or data), the initaite and wait for another sync.) This happens many times a day, and likely saves me at least an hour a day easily.

Once you get used to multitasking, it's hard to go back...

Status
Not open for further replies.