10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
You could always erase it and re-install from the Apple offered reset file

If hackers could stick WM5 or 6 in that puppy building into the user interface hmmm I would pick one up...Im not to crazy about the battery deal .Maybe thats why apple locked that battery up so if you did swap out with hack OS they nail you.

Would be funny to see WM 6 on the iPHONE.

And you thought Apple was crazy for locking the phone. All part of the plan, Lock phone tempt hackers, Hackers make new programs, Apple saves money in R&D, people get what they want from hackers, Apple makes $$$$.

sxtg

Jun 7, 2004
Visit site

And you thought Apple was crazy for locking the phone. All part of the plan, Lock phone tempt hackers, Hackers make new programs, Apple saves money in R&D, people get what they want from hackers, Apple makes $$$$.

:rolleyes:

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site

I dunno, I think they would make more money if they allowed people into the device. I'd have pre-ordered it the day it was announced if it really could run 'desktop-class applications' like they had advertised. I'd love to see what kind of apps the Mac developer community could come up with. It could have been a tremendous device but instead it is cool but really limited in its coolness. Very fun toy indeed, but I'd need to carry a PDA with me still for calendaring, which significantly diminishes its coolness for me.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
That device does not run WM. It runs some kind of Chinese OS very prevalent in the knock-of phones there.

Surur

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
lol lol lol but hey read the specs on the tphone.it offers more then the iphone.What phone is really the fake???

I dunno, it remains to be seen if that thing will really power on in person. I wonder how robust the OS is, etc. etc. etc. It's a big ? If it were $100 I might be buying one just to check out but for $200 it better be really usable.

Slingbox

Oct 27, 2006
Visit site
hehe When receaved I will start a thread called

10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the tPhone. (Yes I have one from china)

We then can have iphone users come in there and put down the tphone.....everything moves in cycles.

braj

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
hehe When receaved I will start a thread called

10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the tPhone. (Yes I have one from china)

We then can have iphone users come in there and put down the tphone.....everything moves in cycles.

hehe :D that will be fun.

Slingbox

Oct 27, 2006
Visit site
tphone vers iphone down and dirty thread

Chong ching said it would do this and that but he lied like Steve Jobs did lol

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
If hackers could stick WM5 or 6 in that puppy building into the user interface hmmm I would pick one up...Im not to crazy about the battery deal .Maybe thats why apple locked that battery up so if you did swap out with hack OS they nail you.

My battery only has to last until the 3G is available.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
The word toy has been used to describe the iPHONE and those who use it in a demeaning way.

Many here have equated the purchase of the iPHONE to the purchase of a "Tickel Me Elmo" and those who bought the iPHONE as children who took it in the A** and are simple morons for making such an absurd purchase.

From your post you seem to have the means to buy several rather expensive smartphones as well as the iPHONE.

By many on this forum your purchase of the iPHONE marks you as a less then intelligent consumer and person.

The opinions of those who say this doesn't really offend me but to see it time after time and gets in the way of the reason for this thread and is tiresome.

I don't think the posts are about the users of the device, just the limitations and AHM (Apple Hype Machine).

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
If I had tried.

I really hope some of the more mature people here can get Mikec to stay on topic and stop these personal attacks.

I guess Mikec has nothing to add to the conversation. Mikec maybe you can learn a little something form the words of Mark Twain- "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

I dunno llarsen...I think some people got chuckle.

Personal? Pot calling kettle black, me thinks. Also, I am not saying things about you personally, as you are "online persona" - I am only commenting on possible behaviors based on posted comments.

Mark Twain also said:

"It were not best that we should all think alike; it is difference of opinion that makes horse races."

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
All I can say is see:

http://www.systemshootouts.org/shootouts/desktop/2006/0809_dt3200.html

http://www.macworld.com/2006/08/features/macproprice/index.php

http://theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=33576

The machines aren’t identical each has a few advantages but I think they’re fairly comparable in terms of the needs of a power user.

Come on guys this is the oldest Mac vs. Windows argument ever. How it ties into the iPHONE I am not sure except a lot of the people here hate anything Apple.

You get pwned, and don't have the decency to own up to it....rather you change the subject/dismiss it?

And as I have said before, I likely own more Apple products than anyone here...

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
And as another great American said,

“Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”

Steve Jobs:thumbsup:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

"Limey?" What's with the bigotted remark, llarsen?

Brits/Scots/Irish are great brother of this nation.

Next you'll be using the the N-word.

(Newton)
;-)

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
The word toy has been used to describe the iPHONE and those who use it in a demeaning way.

Many here have equated the purchase of the iPHONE to the purchase of a "Tickel Me Elmo" and those who bought the iPHONE as children who took it in the A** and are simple morons for making such an absurd purchase.

From your post you seem to have the means to buy several rather expensive smartphones as well as the iPHONE.

By many on this forum your purchase of the iPHONE marks you as a less then intelligent consumer and person.

The opinions of those who say this doesn't really offend me but to see it time after time and gets in the way of the reason for this thread and is tiresome.

Again, you read too much into my Elmo comment - amazing.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
My son heard it first flipping the channels on the TV cable box on one of those geek technology shows and told me about it.

looking at Yahoo now, this is the 1st hit I got

http://www.waitingforiphone.com/2007/07/05/att-activates-over-1-million-iphones/

"This news comes from a full-time staffer in ATT Mobilty’s Commerce Group who chose to remain anonymous.

It's tough to get any "solid documented" info like from peeps willing to go on record since publishing such might not be in company's best interests....like WM versus palm OS Treo shipments....Palm refuses to answer. For example it's indicated on the same site that Apple's agreement with Euro carriers requires them to ship in Europe once they reach 1 million sales here. That may be a bit more than apple can handle and may wish to dance a few days before initiating that step.

However, one can usually judge the validity of "unnamed sources" by the outcry of counter claims. To me the lack of anyone jumping up to say "No, it's not true leads me to believe that most believe it is. I wouldn't bet the ranch on it, especially with the anti apple fervor, but the lack of pundits willing to go on record as saying it's not true apparently has them convinced also.

I note that Apple store still says 2-4 weeks and the 4 stores here all have no stock and huge waiting lists that are not really waitings list as "no reserving".

um....so the answer is no, there is no supporting evidence.

And what kind of logic is that statement "one can usually judge the validity of "unnamed sources" by the outcry of counter claims"?

That is rediculous.

I'm not saying they didn't sell a lot - I just expect something to back it up from a reputbale source.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
No to slam people who buy them.

Lets talk about the iPHONE and its faults thats what I come here for.

But many others like Mikec and CountChocula like to slam the people who own them and seem to have little to say on the phone itself.

I have actually said quite a bit about the iPhone. Me think ye memory is selective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner