10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
He certainly isn't presenting the posts to be only a small subsegment of the iPhone population is he?

We dont really know that do we, and I have not made the claim that most people's iPhone are crashing all the time. The claim that WM devices need to be reset every day and that Treo 700p devices crash all the time has however been presented by others.

Surur

KabukiAssassin

Jan 30, 2005
Visit site
You certainly weren't listing any posts where folks were happy with the device which only shows your bias.

It's ok....maybe you too can have an iPhone one day. :D

Sorry to butt in, but I have to say- how childish. Just b/c Surur isn't in love with the iPhone like everyone else & points out its shortcomings, he must be jealous & secretly want one? Give me a break. Maybe that'd have been true in 8th grade, but we're adults here. We say what we mean. If we say don't like something, it means we don't like it, it's not some thinly veiled secret love profession.

I wish everyone would just shutup, GROW up, and quit bantering this iPhone crap to death. Yes, it's a nice phone, NO it's not the "treo killer". It's in an entirely different class. Yes, the Treo has problems, it's well-known. Is it still one of the most powerful devices available? Yes.

Denny Crane

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Sorry to butt in, but I have to say- how childish. Just b/c Surur isn't in love with the iPhone like everyone else & points out its shortcomings, he must be jealous & secretly want one? Give me a break. Maybe that'd have been true in 8th grade, but we're adults here. We say what we mean. If we say don't like something, it means we don't like it, it's not some thinly veiled secret love profession.

I wish everyone would just shutup, GROW up, and quit bantering this iPhone crap to death. Yes, it's a nice phone, NO it's not the "treo killer". It's in an entirely different class. Yes, the Treo has problems, it's well-known. Is it still one of the most powerful devices available? Yes.

It's not that he isn't in love with the device. He is making it his goal in life to bash the device..........even though he doesn't have one and hasn't used one. Are you kidding me? He must have an "issue" somewhere to go out of his way to bash a device he's never touched.

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site

Besides the point I think - this thread is about what sucks about the iPhone..end of. If iPhone lovers/users want to come in here and dispute the validity of the thread then that's their onus but it is what it is..I even see oalvarez (or llarson?) started one on Palm/treos - fair enough it's been done for the past few years, but nobody went in that thread and said "no fair" and tossed tehir toys out the pram! The mods here have not seen this thread as against house rules, so ppl who don't like the topic why come back?!? I also avoid threads of why the 680 sucks as I love mine - don't fight it..get a new bag poppa

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
I am biased? Say it aint so!!!

Surur

I can except being biased toward a phone that gets all its praise from the "wow factor" vs. the true nature of productivity and functionality when all of a sudden everything under the sun sucks because they got an iphone.:D

Denny Crane

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Besides the point I think - this thread is about what sucks about the iPhone..end of. If iPhone lovers/users want to come in here and dispute the validity of the thread then that's their onus but it is what it is..I even see oalvarez (or llarson?) started one on Palm/treos - fair enough it's been done for the past few years, but nobody went in that thread and said "no fair" and tossed tehir toys out the pram! The mods here have not seen this thread as against house rules, so ppl who don't like the topic why come back?!? I also avoid threads of why the 680 sucks as I love mine - don't fight it..get a new bag poppa

Just pointing out the silliness of his thread. In fact, I am more equipped to comment on the 700P than he is the iPhone.......because I have actually owned and used a 700P. A better thread would have been "I don't own the iPhone, and wouldn't buy one due to these device specifications and these issues that are known about the device." However, surur tried to go the flaming route.

Denny Crane

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
I can except being biased toward a phone that gets all its praise from the "wow factor" vs. the true nature of productivity and functionality when all of a sudden everything under the sun sucks because they got an iphone.:D

Actually I still love and am keeping my 750. It has been rock solid. My 650 was great too, but I waited on purchasing the 650 until the majority of the bugs were worked out of that device. The 700P is an entirely different story.

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
he must be jealous & secretly want one?

Read the topic on the thread. Surur has an iphone, and he an't jealous. I don't feel as strong against the device as Surur but I have chance to get one too but I am not interested in AT&T nor this first model of the phone any how.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Just pointing out the silliness of his thread. In fact, I am more equipped to comment on the 700P than he is the iPhone.......because I have actually owned and used a 700P. A better thread would have been "I don't own the iPhone, and wouldn't buy one due to these device specifications and these issues that are known about the device." However, surur tried to go the flaming route.

You are missing the point of the thread again. Its not about my opinion (how much weight does that have in any case?) - its negative experiences by actual users, which is less easily dismissed. This is to counter the hype of the wonderful user experience everybody is proclaiming all over the place.

If some-one now comes along and says:

The device is flawless.

they will rightly be laughed out of the house.

Surur

Denny Crane

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Read the topic on the thread. Surur has an iphone, and he an't jealous. I don't feel as strong against the device as Surur but I have chance to get one too but I am not interested in AT&T nor this first model of the phone any how.

No he doesn't.....

This is just below the topic in his first post...

Default 10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)
No, not me. This guy.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=322382

Denny Crane

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
You are missing the point of the thread again. Its not about my opinion (how much weight does that have in any case?) - its negative experiences by actual users, which is less easily dismissed. This is to counter the hype of the wonderful user experience everybody is proclaiming all over the place.

If some-one now comes along and says:

they will rightly be laughed out of the house.

Surur

Actually my iPhone has been flawless to date, which is more than I could have said about my 700P at a similar point of ownership. Maybe you will link my post in your next thread about the iPhone..... :D

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site

I dont own an iPhone, but the title of the thread is the title of the thread the first post is taken from. That person (like all the people I am quoting) do have iPhones, and have legitimate complains about the device.

Surur

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
More failed logic - Poisoning The Well

This is getting fun. So far we have over 20 pages of nothing but the following:

Surur: Here's some reasons why the iPhone sucks
iEvangelist: But I still really like using it!
Surur: Here's some more reasons why the iPhone sucks
iEvangelist: But it's so pretty!
Surur: More reasons why I won't use an iPhone
iEvengelist: Everything but iPhones are impossible to use because I'm too stupid to figure out how to use them
Surur: Some reasons why people shouldn't get an iPhone
iEvangelist: Treo's suck! Palm is stupid! Apple FTW!
Surur: A few more reasons why the iPhone isn't for me
iEvengelist: But the iPhone is meant for stupid people (mass market, not smartphone users)
Surur: Evidence the iPhone is being marketed to smartphone users
iEvangelist: But I still love my iPhone!

Rinse, repeat for 20 more pages. Look...if you've got something nice to say about the iPhone, for one, this probably isn't the place to say it. Start a new thread called "reasons why I love my iPhone." Secondly, read back through this thread again. It's probably already been stated (several times) and refuted several times by the other side. I'm tired of repeating myself, as I'm sure everyone else is. So if you really feel like you need to share how much the revolutionary UI gives you an orgasm each time you touch your iPhone, do it somewhere else.

Come on Count, if you are really a COUNT, these types of post do no one any good.

"iEvengelist: Everything but iPhones are impossible to use because I'm too stupid to figure out how to use them"

Right and anyone who wants to fumble around a file directory must have no life and enjoys creating a good Hack more then anything else, GEEK!

Post something useful or we will be forced to strip you of your royal title.

CountBuggula

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site

Actually, the disclaimer was there from the beginning. The thread is called "10 things that suck about the iPhone" and in the first post he stated he didn't actually have one (and couldn't anyway, since he lives in the UK). He's stated over and over that his entire purpose is to debunk the overwhelming hype surrounding the iPhone and its accompanying media frenzy. He's not defending any other phone here, so bashing the 700p or whatever else is pretty pointless. It's also, like he stated, nothing new. You can go to the 700p forums and see for yourself all the complaints there if you want to argue about the whether the Treo is a piece of junk.

If you have anything to say here that actually refutes the discussion about the iPhone, fine.

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
or if I am on my computer I just check my email?

And when the screen is off, you have to look across the room, and then walk across the room, turn on the screen, and see if you have a message or if it charged.

Do you sleep with your phone too? Mine is a tool to use outside the office. When home I can check my messages on my computer. I tend to leave the phone charging unless I get a call which when I am at home is bluetoothed to my home phone line.

Come on people live a life outside your cell phone!!!!

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
Mine does?

You know, there is something very special about the iPhone. Its a closed system. People cant do anything to make it work any better or any worse.

If a few people are experiencing issues, especially software issues, then these exist in all devices. You have just not run into them yet. If a few are experiencing hardware issues (e.g. poor sensitivity of the accelerometer) we also do not yet know how wide-spread this is.

In the mean time most people are still mesmerized by the "fluid interface". Complaints will increase once that wears off.

Interesting little fact - The Safari browser allows multiple windows, but you cant open a link in a new window. How's that for having a real browser in your hand (or not).

Surur

When I click on a link a new window opens? Where did you hear this Surur. If the coding is set to open the link inside the existing window then maybe it won't but that is the code.

Denny Crane

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
When I click on a link a new window opens? Where did you hear this Surur. If the coding is set to open the link inside the existing window then maybe it won't but that is the code.

It does for me too....

Don't tell me that Surur is quoting incorrect info. :D

Denny Crane

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Actually, the disclaimer was there from the beginning. The thread is called "10 things that suck about the iPhone" and in the first post he stated he didn't actually have one (and couldn't anyway, since he lives in the UK). He's stated over and over that his entire purpose is to debunk the overwhelming hype surrounding the iPhone and its accompanying media frenzy. He's not defending any other phone here, so bashing the 700p or whatever else is pretty pointless. It's also, like he stated, nothing new. You can go to the 700p forums and see for yourself all the complaints there if you want to argue about the whether the Treo is a piece of junk.

If you have anything to say here that actually refutes the discussion about the iPhone, fine.

Didn't realize that you were a 700P owner. Sorry about bashing your phone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR