10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
My point is this...

iPHONE has many faults, it has many good things too.

WM has faults, it does many, many good things too.

If all you can post are posts on how much some thing sucks from people you don't know who might have never used a phone that has functions beyond speed dial whats the point.

We get it Surur you HATE HATE HATE iPHONE and you think it is a media hype and has no real new or useful, redeeming features. WE GET IT!!

Posting things from the web about complaints people have becuase they can't figure out how to work the phone really don't help anyone here do they.

I liked your earlier critiques much better.

I hope we will see a return to them soon.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Ad Hominem Abusive, Your argument is stupid...is that your answer?

My how the mighty have fallen.

So the main point is that a WM5 device should sync with Vista Contacts and Calendar, even though it is not supported? And that ActiveSync was primarily made for enterprises?

Okay, so, WMDC does not support those two apps, which by the way, is likely not used by very many people who have WM devices (less than a tenth of a percent, of that much).

As opposed to the iPhone not supporting COPY AND PASTE, which is used by 95% of the population.

Which is more egregious?

Yeah, I thought so...

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
I reread the post and I still don't get it. The complainer says that WM wont sync PIM with his Vista and then counters by saying that the iPhone doesn't either yet seems to praise the iPhone because he "bets" they will soon.

This mentality that "the iPhone WILL be, so it IS" is a strange phenomenon to say the least...

Look at the "about" part of the blog...he's an Apple fanboy.

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
Se post above, Mikec....

So the main point is that a WM5 device should sync with Vista Contacts and Calendar, even though it is not supported? And that ActiveSync was primarily made for enterprises?

Okay, so, WMDC does not support those two apps, which by the way, is likely not used by very many people who have WM devices (less than a tenth of a percent, of that much).

As opposed to the iPhone not supporting COPY AND PASTE, which is used by 95% of the population.

Which is more egregious?

Yeah, I thought so...

See my previous post.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
iPHONE has many faults, it has many good things too. (AGREED)

WM has faults, it does many, many good things too. (AGREED)

If all you can post are posts on how much some thing sucks from people you don't know who might have never used a phone that has functions beyond speed dial whats the point.

We get it Surur you HATE HATE HATE iPHONE and you think it is a media hype and has no real new or useful, redeeming features. WE GET IT!!

Posting things from the web about complaints people have becuase they can't figure out how to work the phone really don't help anyone here do they. (SOMEONE CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO USE THE EASIEST TO USE PHONE IN HISTORY? SOUNDS LIKE APPLE HERESEY TO ME! ;-) )

I liked your earlier critiques much better.

I hope we will see a return to them soon.

Comment inline above in CAPS (I know, annoying)

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth on iPhone Options
NaomiinNYC

I am trying to listen to the ipod on my bluetooth headset. I have the motorola stereo active headphones s9 and i got it to connect to make phone calls, but cannot listen to music on it. Any ideas???

Also, do you know if the iphone has the voice activated dialing thru bluetooth feature? I had it on my HTC phone. just wondering...

Thanks to all!!!

JustAFreq

That would be due to something that helps comprise the small handful of imperfections about the iPhone. Specifically, this would be due to iPhones lack of support for the Bluetooth Stereo profile. What does this mean? It means that although your mono BT headsets will work fine, and your BT stereo headsets will work fine (as long as it is just mono being played through them), you won't be able to listen to any of your iTunes stereo content on BT stereo headphones. You CAN listen to it just fine using a corded stereo headset though. Perhaps this will be remedied in a future iPhone update of some sort.... hope this helps. (By the way, all this info is based strictly on what I have read from a myriad of sources - I am still waiting for my iPhone via direct fulfillment).

JustAFreq

gobraves
NaomiinNYC wrote:

Also, do you know if the iphone has the voice activated dialing thru bluetooth feature? I had it on my HTC phone. just wondering...

Thanks to all!!!

No.
http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/board/message?board.id=apple&thread.id=728

Wow! So normal people also use stereo bluetooth headsets!?! Who would have thought.

Surur

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
I really can't resist posting this....

WARNING....WARNING....This post is a cheap shot at WM users. Do not read unless you have a sense of humor.

This seems to sum up WM fans...

Well, I'm going to be busy hacking the WEP at my local gym, watching my Tivo streaming via LocationFree, viewing Word Docs and Excel Spreadsheets, Using half a dozen chat protocols plus Skype, tethering my Laptop, assisting my Mom through remote Desktop, playing dozens of card games, scores of board games, and hundreds of java games, playing emulators of classic game consoles, using Pocketmusic to DJ via bluetooth for my Friends....​

....Tech Geek.

iPHONE Fan...

Well, I'm going to be busy working out at my local gym, watching Die Hard on my iPHONE, viewing Word Docs and Excel Spreadsheets, chatting to half a dozen woman at the gym and in between women download the latest episode of "House" from my Desktop through my VPN connection, no time to play dozens of card games, scores of board games, and hundreds of java games, playing emulators of classic game consoles, as I have a life that iPHONE helps make a little easier.​

All in good fun my WM friends. :evil:

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Or maybe iPhone users are sitting there deleting one e-mail at a time?

How to delete multiple messages at once, or "empty" the trash?

Ricambi America

How do you delete multiple messages at once or empty the trash can in one shot? Do I need to manually swipe each message? That doesn't seem quite right....

Ideas?

bht-kevin

iphone doesnt come with such robust features I can't wait for a software update to fix these problems because this phone is awesome.

Ricambi America

What? I thought I was just missing something. You mean I need to manually delete all these messages? Uggggg.

http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/board/message?board.id=apple&thread.id=2813

Surur

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
or WM people are saying....

Or maybe iPhone users are sitting there deleting one e-mail at a time?

http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/board/message?board.id=apple&thread.id=2813

Surur

http://www.geardiary.com/2007/06/06/deleting-files-in-windows-mobile/

Have I mentioned lately how friggin? LAME I think WM is? No? Well, I DO.

If Palm hadn?t flamed out so badly, I?d still be using Palm devices. June
29th can?t come too soon, as far as I?m concerned. I?ve gotten used to most of WM?s idiosyncrasies, but I still can?t believe some of its nonsense.

Like the fact that I have to reboot my device several times a day. And the fact that I had to install a third-party app to get the ?close? icon to actually close programs. And . . .

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
We can fill up the entire blog going back and forth like this Surur

See my previous post #241...

Do you have any new critiques or just post from other blogs.

samkim

Sep 27, 2004
Visit site
See my previous post #241...

Do you have any new critiques or just post from other blogs.
New critiques and postings from blogs don't belong in this thread. Why do you insist on cluttering it up? Surur is providing great entertainment by collecting real posts from real iPhone users.

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
getting off topic?

http://www.geardiary.com/2007/06/06/deleting-files-in-windows-mobile/

Have I mentioned lately how friggin? LAME I think WM is? No? Well, I DO.

If Palm hadn?t flamed out so badly, I?d still be using Palm devices. June
29th can?t come too soon, as far as I?m concerned. I?ve gotten used to most of WM?s idiosyncrasies, but I still can?t believe some of its nonsense.

Like the fact that I have to reboot my device several times a day. And the fact that I had to install a third-party app to get the ?close? icon to actually close programs. And . . .
llarson,

The funny thing here is, technically you are thread-crapping.

The title of this thread is "10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)".

It is not "The unbiased iPhone review" (which would be dubious as well) or "What is great about the iPhone", nor is it "Lets critique WM5" thread, so I fail to see how your posts are relevant to the topic at hand?

No one here is pretending to be objective, fair or anything else. Why do you feel so compelled to come into this thread and defend the iPhone?

And for the record, even MS has responded about the "X" button which has been discussed to death for years now. Also, Microsoft has never claimed their OS to be "5 years ahead" of anybody else so they have less hype to deflate when it comes to WM.

llarson

Feb 9, 2004
Visit site
Sorry Malatesta didn't mean to rain on your HATER parade

llarson,

The funny thing here is, technically you are thread-crapping.

The title of this thread is "10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)".

It is not "The unbiased iPhone review" (which would be dubious as well) or "What is great about the iPhone", nor is it "Lets critique WM5" thread, so I fail to see how your posts are relevant to the topic at hand?

No one here is pretending to be objective, fair or anything else. Why do you feel so compelled to come into this thread and defend the iPhone?

And for the record, even MS has responded about the "X" button which has been discussed to death for years now. Also, Microsoft has never claimed their OS to be "5 years ahead" of anybody else so they have less hype to deflate when it comes to WM.

Please feel free to giggle among yourselves. Didn't mean to get in the way of your mindless bashing.

Ah the feeling of superiority you must get from this.

Enjoy....;)

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
PalmOS users will like this one.

Love the iPhone, but EMAIL is disappointingly limited

So, I stood in line, got my phone Friday, and have spent the weekend working with it. It's a great tool, and will be a fantastic addition to my life.

Now for the inevitable 'however'...

However - the e-mail application is just not up to snuff in some ways. I LOVE the ability to read the first few lines of each mail, and I like the display, and I even like the keyboard.

The inability to check mail automatically more than every 15 minutes is a REAL problem. I've been using a Treo 680 with Chatteremail, and am used to having mail show up instantly. I'd be willing to wait a minute or two, or even five in a pinch. But for modern e-mail usage, 15 minutes is a lifetime.

When corresponding with Blackberry or other push-mail users, by the time I've seen a mail, several others have responded, a conversation has taken place, and I'm just coming into the conversation. There's a reason that Push has revolutionized mobile usage, and the iPhone just isn't involved in the Push revolution at the moment.

Second - it's just insane how hard it is to figure out if you've got new mail, and in which accounts. Chatteremail puts a red icon at the bottom of the window for each account with new mail - I'm used to being able to review all new mail in four accounts with a total of four icon touches 'Work'->'Personal'->'University'->'2nd Work', and know if there's new mail in each by reviewing the icons at the bottom, so I only need to check the ones with new mail. Maximum of four touches, and usually only one or two show new mail, so it's one or two touches to be done.

That same task in iPhone EMAIL is Personal->Folder list->Inbox->Folder list->Work->Folder list->Inbox->Folder list->University->Folder list->Inbox->Folder list->2nd work->Folder list->Inbox->Folder list->Mailbox list - for a total of 16 touches - 4x what it should be!!!!

And since it only flags unread mail, as opposed to newly downloaded mail (an important distinction for a shared account where several people are using one account to distribute work), I have to check all four each time.

My final item is 'sleep hours' - this is a very common tool for handheld devices where the e-mail software doesn't fetch mail during user-selected hours, so you can have your device on your bedstand for emergency phone calls, but not chirping and vibrating all night when spam comes in. iPhone never sleeps, and will happily chirp all night, unless you turn off the mail account manually - a giant pain, especially with multiple accounts, and hard to remember to turn back on.

I don't expect a v1 product to be quite as well-defined as Chatteremail, which is a super-tight and well-honed program that's gone through a ton of work to get where it is today, but this is just out of control - I'd say that the EMAIL app is not only not 'business ready', but it's questionable whether it's ready for anyone with more than one or two accounts, and any need to check mail more than hourly.

I love my iPhone, but the mail app is just not up to speed - it shows tremendous potential - the overall notion of mail-handling is good, and the interface is excellent - all of which just makes the lack of what is well-defined functionality for most mobile e-mail devices very frustrating.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=324032

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site

Its funny that the iPhone does not have a close button either, and no-one is complaining.

Surur

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
ha

neener neener neener, llarsen is a threadcrapper...

I have to say, surur snipets from actual users are very informative.

Email is one area that the iPhone has some issues, unless you have one email account, do not need to create subfolders, and get a low volume of email so individual deletion is no big deal.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
The crashes continue, and now the are even complaining at the holy of holies, the Apple forum.

annoying reset to home page

often, my iphone will reset on its own to the home page (i'm not pressing the home page button at the bottom)....this occurs while i'm using safari, mail, ipod, or any other application for that matter....

has anyone else experienced this as well? the only thing i could attribute this to is that when i'm using the internet (for safari, googlemaps, email, etc...), and either the EDGE network or the wifi network that i'm on temporarily boots me out, like when you loose a cell phone signal....

just wondering if this has happened to anyone else....

other than that, i've been using my ipod now for 3 days: battery life is excellent, features amazing, even better than expected signal/coverage...a wonderful device! the only complaint i have is that the voice quality is not the best....

-thanks!

CJJ

You may have already seen this elsewhere in the forum, but if not:

some people have had success with the Reset iPhone and Reset Settings as described on this page:

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/troubleshooting/phone/#mn_p

I was having problems with the iPod cutting out whenever I started looking at photos. Maps and Photos would both suddenly close, as well. Since I did the Reset Settings (without deleting media), it has been OK. I did not do the Reset iPhone, personally.

I cannot say this is a long-lasting fix since I only did it a few hours ago, but hopefully it will help.

Idudeman

I have been having the same problem. Shutting the phone off and then on, took care of it (temporarily?)
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1023070&tstart=15

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Surur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members